Chant class for Home-Schoolers (or anyone) in New Castle PA.
  • JoeM
    A class will begin in January in new castle PA. teaching traditional liturgical singing and Gregorian Chant. Development of a beautiful singing tone, listening and musical literacy will be covered. If you know of anyone in the area who would be Interested then have them contact:

joe@palestrinachoirschool.com
  • AnnS
    I'm happy to see this is available. We are offering Sung Vespers during Advent at St. Monica's in Chippewa and St. Blaise in Midland, along with a preparation class. You might not be too far for some participants. I will let them know about this opportunity in January.

www.chantatstmonica.com (if you know anyone who might be interested in taking part during Advent)
  • JoeM
    Thank you AnnS. Here is a link to my web-site if you would like to see my basic approach. St. Monica's is about 25min from where the class location. It is in an office building across from (not associated with) the Scotish rite cathedral. Are you singing the Traditional office?

palestrinachoirschool.com
  • AnnS
    No, St. Monica's is an OF parish, so the Traditional office would seem out of place. I have been working to cultivate an interest in chant through the occasional chanted Mass, vespers (using the Mundelein Psalter) and intro sessions - teaching particular chants for personal prayer (Ave Maria, Ave Verum, etc). ...Simple ways to help people become comfortable with Latin and square notes without stepping on the Music Director's toes.

Thank you for the additional info - I do not come from a music background, so I can only take people so far. It's good to have a place to direct someone who might want to learn more.

• JoeM
    God bless your efforts!