Illuminare Bold Character
  • I'm trying to put certain characters into bold text to indicate congregational participation. The guide says to put either side of the characters. When I do this and try to convert into pdf I get the message "Syntax Error". Can anyone advise?
  • chonakchonak
    Would you post an example of the gabc code that doesn't work?

Yes, you ought to put <b> ... </b> around each syllable.
    Thanked by 1Incardination
  • a_f_hawkins
    Unfortunately the editing software has taken out the characters you wanted to show us, was it like this?
    this should be <b>bold</b> this should be bold
    NB - to get that yellow box you click on the C in the box above, or manually surround the text with code and /code both typed inside angle brackets < >. Most helpful would be to post the unsuccessful text in a box like that for us to look at it.
  • Thanks for your assistance; here is the example text:

(c3) CRe(h)do(f) in(d) u(gxg)num(f) De(fvED)um,(d.) (::) Pa(gxfg)trem(f') om(h)ni(f')po(d)tén(e)tem,(d.) (;) fac(d)tó(f')rem(gxg) cæ(h')li(h) et(h') ter(i)ræ,(h.) (;) vi(h')si(h)bí(i')li(i)um(k) óm(jhi)ni(i)um,(h.) (;) et(h') in(f)vi(d')si(gxg)bí(fde)li(e)um.(d.) (::)

Et(h') in(h) u(f')num(f) Dó(d')mi(d)num(e.) Je(f)sum(gxg) Chri(e)stum,(d.) (,) Fí(f')li(f)um(f') De(gxg)i(e') un(h)i(h)gé(i')ni(i)tum.(h.) (::) Et(f') ex(e) Pa(gxg')tre(g) na(fde)tum(d.) (,) an(f')te(f) óm(h')ni(i)a(h) sǽ(fde)cu(e)la.(d.) (::) De(h')um(h) de(h') De(f)o,(d.) (,) lu(d)men(e') de(e) lú(f')mi(e)ne,(d.) (,) De(h)um(h') ve(i)rum(h.) de(k') De(j)o(h') ve(i)ro.(h.) (::)
  • Before the bold phrases I've put the b in brackets at the beginning (Eg. before "Partrem") and at the end b in brackets forward slash (after "Invisibilium") although you can't see them above
  • chonakchonak
    Every syllable needs to be marked individually. It's not very convenient.
    <b>Et</b>(f) <b>cum</b>(f) <b>spi</b>(f)<b>ri</b>(f)<b>tu</b>(f) <b>tu</b>(f)<b>o.</b>(f)
  • Wow, ok. I could be there some time! Thanks for your help!