Still Still Still - English
  • I love the arrangement of Still Still Still (the Austrian Christmas carol) by Mannheim Steamroller. Is anyone familiar with any SATB arrangements in English that are similar to that one?
  • CharlesW
    I haven't heard the "Steamroller" one, but have used the arrangement by Norman Luboff, Walton Music Corporation, c. 1958-1960, for some years. Lyrics by Marilyn Keith and Alan Bergman. It is nice, but don't know if it will meet your needs.
  • Kathy
    I've used Luboff. Right before Xmas when all the world is stressing, it's quite refreshing.
    Thanked by 1CharlesW
  • I'll have to check to see which one we use
  • Kathy
    If the octavo is gray with a very odd drawing on the front, it might be Luboff.
  • Luboff is good. My favorite arrangement of the carol is Philip Ledger's SATB setting with English text. It is published by Oxford. I have used it with strings playing portions of accompaniment on Christmas Eve.
  • Kathy
  • CharlesW
    They both are Luboff performed by two different choirs.
  • Kathy
    One is much nicer than the other.
    Thanked by 1CharlesW
  • CharlesW
    I agree, but the same composition. I love that piece.

Addition: This has caused me to want to do this piece at midnight mass. I have a lady in the choir who is, essentially, a retired and still quite capable pianist. If she plays, I can conduct. I rarely get to do conducting unless it is from the organ console.