Typesetting help: layout problem in bilingual Gregorio project
  • Hello,

I'm typesetting a bilingual booklet for Office of Compline in TexShop, with the left pages in Latin and the right pages in Spanish. I've arrived at a point where I can't manage to fit all the chant into one page, so it naturally breaks off into a new page. The thing is, I would like to have the chant continue two pages after the break, as the page immediately following is the wrong language. Any help would be appreciated - perhaps simply being able to omit the automatic large letter at the beginning of each chant would allow me to make two files out of the chant in question and effect the break by hand? Either that or some kind of package in TexShop which can skip a page when continuing .gabc files...?

I hope this makes some kind of sense! I'm a bit new to TEX.

Thank you in advance for your responses,
    Carlos
  • chonakchonak
    I'd make the left and right portions separately and then combine the two PDF files.
  • igneusigneus
    Have you tried the parallel package?
  • I've had the same problems, that, unfortunately, remain unsolved.
    I have tried using eledpar/eledmac, sadly to no much avail, as it didn't seem to work well with gregorio.

chonak's suggestion seems reasonable.
  • chonakchonak
    I have used parallel for two columns on the same page, but haven't tried it for material on facing pages.