Diaconate Ordination Responsorial Psalm and Gospel Acclamation
  • Just wondering what the choices are for the Psalm and Gospel Acc for permanent diaconate ordination? We have done the same ones for years and I want to change it this year. I have looked at the Lectionary #770-774 but hope some of you could clarify for me, plus there is really no guidance on the Acclamation choices I could find. I am fairly new to a lot of this and want to make sure I have my sources and choices correct before I get approval on my Ordo. TIA!
  • I see the choices suggested by the Graduale Romanum are similar but often not quite the same verses. Sorry, that just makes the choices wider.
    Thanked by 1ValerieOestry
  • Valerie,

Using the same text isn't necessarily a problem*, but I sympathize with your predicament if you're using only Respond and Acclaim every year.

*If the text is insipid and dates from between 1962 and Liturgicam Authenticam, it is a problem, and needs to be replaced. The worship of God isn't insipid, and those translations were supposed to be replaced.
  • "Using the same text isn't necessarily a problem*, but I sympathize with your predicament if you're using only Respond and Acclaim every year."

Not using R&A thank the good Lord. Just trying to figure out what the options are, or at least find some different settings. It seems resources are slim to none....you would think we would have more options! I will pose it to some individuals I know who might not be on this forum also. If anyone else has any ideas please let me know - I need to have my Ordo in by Tuesday!

• chonakchonak
    For the convenience of those who don't have a Lectionary at hand (e.g., at home), these appear to be the choices for the Responsorial Psalm (information from Fr. Felix Just's website):

1) Ps 23:1-3, 4, 5, 6
    2) Ps 84:3-4, 5, 11
    3) Ps 89:21-22, 25+27
    4) Ps 96:1-2a, 2b-3, 10
    5) Ps 100:2, 3, 4, 5
    6) Ps 110:1, 2, 3, 4
    7) Ps 116:12-13, 17-18
    8) Ps 117:1, 2

and these choices for the verse before the Gospel:

1) Matt 28:19a-20b
    2) Luke 4:18
    3) John 10:14
    4) John 15:15b

Valerie, which antiphons correspond to those ten psalm options? That might help us find settings.