Acclamation during Nuptial Mass
  • Claire H
    The 2016 Rite of Marriage #65 states (after the Reception of Consent):

The Priest invites those present to praise God:
    Let us bless the Lord.

All reply:
    Thanks be to God.

Another acclamation may be sung or said.

What acclamation would this be?

Rite: https://litpress.org/Products/GetSample/4641/9780814646410
  • Caleferink
    When I attended workshops in my diocese about this, the Director of Worship suggested repeating the Alleluia (or Lenten Gospel Acclamation as the case may be). I'm not sure I agree with that. In any case, whenever I do wedding worship aids or help couples making their own, I just include that text after the reception of consent. Of course around here priests and deacons just seem content to skip over it altogether.
  • Sounds like generic language for "take your pick." I also know a few parishes who repeat the Gospel Acclamation refrain here...
  • This is the acclamation that we, the Collegeville Composers Group, wrote for our bilingual weddings and funerals collection, Celebrate Remember.
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen melofluent
  • GambaGamba
    We are wont to drop a hymn there. Those on our wedding music list are all of a primarily doxological character (Praise to the Lord, the almighty; Praise, my soul, the king of heaven, etc.), and in today’s times where few know what comes after Benedicamus Domino, and the married couples don’t want to print more than a half-page program and tend to misprint whatever they are sent. Thus I think it may be justifiable and fulfills the command for those present to praise God.

At weddings outside Mass, without a cantor, the celebrant just reads “Let us bless the Lord”, and whoever knows the drill makes the response.
  • At most parishes in my diocese, the priests look at you funny if you suggest the Gloria should be sung at a wedding Mass...so adding something else they didn't do "in the past" that adds to the time....well, it just doesn't happen.
  • fcbfcb
    The times I've had it sung it's been a repeat of the Gospel Acclamation.
  • a_f_hawkins
    It would presumably be licit to use the Alleluia from GS, Ps 20(19V) 1,4.
    The text in By Flowing Waters is :
    Alleluia iij The Lord answer you in the day of trouble! ; The name of the god of Jacob protect you! Alleluia iij May he grant you your hearts desire, and fulfill all your plans. Alleluia iij

or the Alleluia Psalm, Ps 20(19V):1-6, with response Alleluia, alleluia.
  • Liam
    Tap the scruple spoon on the chalice?
  • At the Cathedral in Memphis, the practice ever since the study texts of the new wedding rite came out in the 90s was to use an Alleluia there (and nothing if during Lent). As it wasn’t officially in the rite yet (unless done in Latin), the couple was given then option to not have it done, but that was a rare occurance.