Good Music at a High School Mass (An Example)
  • KyleM18
    Chapel Dedication at Jesuit High School, Tampa

I'd say this is excellent church music, and is quite a step above most high school Masses. (And yes, I know this is not an all-school mass or the like, but it's still on the campus of a high school, and with what I'm assuming is the high school choir for music.)
  • Such fine efforts from our youth is cause for a Te Deum.
    Kudos, Kyle!
  • I think they just got a Phoenix Organ there!
  • Video isn't working for me

[Same here.--RC]
    Thanked by 1eft94530
  • This is really incredible; all three hours +

Anyone know who the (excellent) music director is?
  • irishtenoririshtenor
    Is anyone else having trouble viewing the video? I get a big (!) when I try to watch it. I was able to pull it up yesterday, but didn't have the time to watch it.
  • Caleferink
    Anyone know who the (excellent) music director is?

Mr. Dominick DiCarlo and Dr. Nina Wegmann co-directed.
  • KyleM18
    Sorry! They reuploaded it on a different link. The original link was the streamed version, I think this is slightly edited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DAKcnoFg1M
    Thanked by 1eft94530
  • Caleferink,

Thanks to your help, I think I found them?

Mrs. Nina Wegmann (2001), B.A., Vitebsk Music College; M.A., Minsk Conservatory of Music; Ph.D., Gnessins. Fine Arts.

Mr. Dominick DiCarlo (2014), B.A., University of California. Fine Arts, Theology. Liturgical Music Asst., Moderator-Pep

I wonder if they belong to CMAA ?
  • KyleM18
    Worship Aid In case anyone wanted to look at the worship aid.
  • Caleferink
    @Dixit_Dominus_44 That would be them. I don't really know Dr. Wegmann, but Mr. DiCarlo sings with the TLM schola at the parish not far from my parish. I used to direct that schola and/or serve as its organist when the TLM was at my former parish, and I've sung with them since a couple of times for special occasions that don't fall on Sundays.
  • What a joy to be a part of that liturgy. It certainly gives me hope for the DoSP, knowing what men this school is turning out.