When Sheep Attack
  • Andrew_Malton
    "Then we must go higher. We must go to him whose office it is to put down tyrants and give life to dying kingdoms. We must call upon the Emperor."

"There is no Emperor."

"No Emperor..." . He sat still for some minutes, wrestling with a world which he had never envisaged.
  • CharlesW
    Popes and bishops were far better behaved when there was an emperor.
  • Andrew_Malton
    Also the reverse.
  • Richard MixRichard Mix
    Clement VII certainly learned a lesson, nor can one help thinking of Pius VII.
  • @irishtenor Thank you for the advice. @kenstb The priest started on June 30th so I did not have much time to get to know him. I traveled to Oxford UK for a continuing education workshop for church music and choral conducting this past July. Coming back to this is really upsetting.

I had the meeting with him today and it went better than I thought. We came to a compromise and he changed a few hymns on the list that I made. @Ralph Bednarz We currently do not have a choir but we have a great mezzo-soprano who cantors for us and we do sacred solos from time to time. The church had no music what so ever before I arrived so I am trying to choose hymns and chants that are accessible to them. I also use different psalm settings, such as the chabanel psalms from ccwatershed which have worked well.
  • (deleted)