Psalm 116: Our Blessing-Cup
  • Does anyone know where I can purchase Dr. Peter Latona's setting of Psalm 116 (Our Blessing-Cup)? This Sunday is the Solemnity of the Precious Blood of Christ, which is a Titular Solemnity for the C.PP.S. congregation that serves my parish. I would like to use this for communion if I can find it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyR3kacx6_o

Are there any suggestions for hymns to use for the Solemnity of the Precious Blood? I have "All Glory be to Jesus," "Alleluia! Sing to Jesus" and a version of the Anima Christi. Any other ideas?
  • Caleferink
    For the Psalm, I'm guessing you'd have to contact Dr. Latona personally. While he has published things like hymns, hymn arrangements, and anthems, I think some smaller things like Psalm settings are probably not published.

Hymn suggestion: Draw Near and Take the Body of the Lord
  • RevAMG
    You can contact the Music Department at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception at: 202-526-8300 x 120 or, via email, muslit@bnsic.org.
  • Thank you for the suggestion. I found Dr. Latona's email on the basilica's website and he responded within 30 minutes, and sent me a PDF of the psalm.
    Thanked by 1Jeffrey Quick
  • mmeladirectress
    for the Feast of the Precious Blood we are likely to sing Ingegneri "O Bone Jesu"
    Thanked by 1WittManWilson
  • Hello, can you share with me the score. I give you my e-mail addres: cordonero.solorzanoc@gmail.com
    I have really searched for a long time the score :(
  • jefe
    This thread is kind of an oldie, but here is another Ps. 116 to consider for Maundy Thursday by John Blow.
    jefe