Compline on Pentecost
  • According to Christian Prayer: The Liturgy of the Hours, Easter officially ends after Pentecost Evening Prayer II. How then is the following Compline to be celebrated? As if it were Easter, with its triple alleluia Antiphon and the alleluias in the Responsory, for example, or with the Ordinary Time Antiphon, Responsory, etc.?
  • Ordinary Time does not start until the day after Pentecost, so yes, Compline is still said with the alleluias.
  • That is a strange rubric, eh?

Or is Compline a strange entity, a unique part of the Liturgical Cycle not quite in sync with everything else?
  • At least in the Divine Office (which is distinct from the Liturgy of the Hours) season changes often happen between None and Vespers.

My Breviary says that the Regina Caeli is sung until after the praying of Compline on the Wednesday in the week of Penetecost.
  • ClemensRomanusClemensRomanus
    My Breviary says Regina Caeli is sung until Friday within the Octave of Pentecost in the EF inclusive.
    Thanked by 1tomjaw
  • Feria Quarta . Feria Sexta. IV vs. VI?
  • igneusigneus
    @RomanticStrings

According to Christian Prayer: The Liturgy of the Hours, Easter officially ends after Pentecost Evening Prayer II.

What does the rubric really say? In the Latin original of Liturgia horarum the last proper texts for Eastertide (second Vespers of Pentecost) are followed by a sober rubric

Explicit tempus paschale.

It doesn't necessarily mean that Eastertide ends immediately after those second Vespers (and before Compline). I definitely read it so that LNLYC 3 stays in force:

The liturgical day runs from midnight to midnight, but the observance of Sunday and solemnities begins with the evening of the preceding day.

Thus Compline after second Vespers of Pentecost is still part of Pentecost and Eastertide propers should be used.

See also this thread https://forums.catholic.com/t/the-end/422579