Emergency - Music for Dedication of a Church
  • I just discovered yesterday that I have one week to put together music for the dedication of a church (new chapel on our grounds for our resident religious order). Does anyone have a musical resource for the many antiphons of that Mass, as found in the Missal (attached here)?

I have communion from By Flowing Waters, and in a pinch could probably use the entrance antiphon from there although it is different than the missal. I'm more concerned about the antiphons/psalms during the various anointings and the lighting of the sanctuary/altar.

Any resources or pointers would be appreciated, whether from official sources or composed. This will be a 1-man and a microphone deal, and English would be best. See attached document if it's not clear what I'm referring to.

Thanks!
  • Paul F. Ford
    I have them all. What is your email address? Mine is paulfford (at) stjohnsem (dot) edu
    Thanked by 1Kathy
  • ryandryand
    Here are the ones I used for a dedication last year. Unfortunately do not have the old PDF... just posting some snapshots from the physical worship aid that I kept for nostalgia. I think most of them are from BFW and I engraved them in Gregorio. Could be done again fairly quickly if needed.
    4032 x 3024 - 2M
    4032 x 3024 - 3M
    4032 x 3024 - 3M
    4032 x 3024 - 2M
    Thanked by 1canadash
  • Elsewhere here I have a setting for male voices of Nisi Dominus aedificavit

https://forum.musicasacra.com/forum/discussion/14041/nisi-dominus-aedificavit-domum#Item_4
  • Here's Locus Iste

[Chonak could you put the proper link.... since it won't load properly for me?]

[Sorry, I'm not understanding what you need.--RC]
  • tomjaw
    @Chris Your file has not appeared did you intend to post the Bruckner? If so how can this be used (it is missing some text...)
  • Thanks everyone, and many thanks to Paul Ford for the complete set. Moments like these the forum is at its best!
  • Tomjaw,

One day I'm going to recognize the utter futility of my attempts to catch up with modern technology. Alice in Wonderland comes to mind: we have to run faster and faster, just to remain in place.

Here are the files, reposted here instead of linked here.
    Thanked by 1tomjaw
  • Liam
    Of all the ritual Masses, that for the dedication of a church is the one I would least want short notice of! It makes the Vigil of Easter look like a cakewalk.
    Thanked by 2igneus ryand