Gregorian propers for Votive Mass of St. Josemaría Escriva
  • Does anyone know of where I might find these or does anyone have a pdf of the propers? Just Introit and Communion.

ENTRANCE ANTIPHON (Ier 3,15)
    I will give you shepherds after my own heart, and these shall feed you on knowledge and discretion.

COMMUNION ANTIPHON
    The Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.
  • I don’t have access to my copy of the Gradual right now, but it would be from the common of pastors.
    Thanked by 1Casavant Organist
  • a_f_hawkins
    Neither of these verses appears in GR or GS. Nor on GregoBase, as far as I can see.
    Nor on the Cantus database.
    Perhaps they are not from the treasury of Gregorian chant.
  • chonakchonak
    I have a plainsong setting of the responsorial psalm, if it's needed.
  • "Pro pastoribus in genere…textus aptiores seligantur ex iis qui pro Communi Sanctorum et Sanctarum infra ponuntur."
    Graduale Romanum (GR) 492

Refer to the Common of Holy Men and Women, GR 508–530, for propers that might thematically match the above Missale Romanum (MR) texts.

At first glance there is no exact (and perhaps no remote) Gregorian equivalent for the MR texts in the original post.
  • Thanks for all the replies, everybody. If there's no MR text-matching GR Propers, then I don't think we'll be able to do them.
    Oh well, I'll make up for it by doing Missa O Quam Gloriosum by Victoria.
  • rich_enough
    This looks like a case of the "spoken propers" (MR) not matching the chant (GR), so I'm not sure why (legally speaking) the chants from the GR could not be sung.
  • a_f_hawkins
    The OP presumably wants Latin. The most appropriate sung introit is therefore one of the options from GR (for Pastors). The (only?) legal restriction is that, in Latin the MR text must not be sung (if it differs from GR). That restriction is in place to protect the treasury of Gregorian chant. OTOH the MR text is inter alia intended to inspire the production of vernacular songs/chants. (Bugnini, somewhere in his opus)
    Thanked by 1Aristotle Esguerra