• Drake
    Hello, everyone. I'd like to share a composition I put together with Pentecost approaching. This is in seven parts, the idea being a part for each of the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit.

There is an electronic rendering at this link: http://www.catholicliving.net/o-lux-beatissima-for-seven-voices/ and a free PDF (creative commons) is available for download at the bottom of that page (where there is also some additional discussion).

I always appreciate your thoughtful feedback and comments.
  • This is a really great composition. I have heard it when I was in one conference. There was one great chorus who sang it after when they play lord of the ocean symphony. So that was a great event
  • Drake
    Thank you for the compliment about the composition. I only completed it very recently, so it probably isn't being sung anywhere...but perhaps it sounds like something else that I am not familiar with. I'd be interested to know because I don't want to copy other works, even inadvertently.
  • bonniebede
    lovely. It will take me a while to grow a choir that can sing this, but i can hope.
    Thanked by 1Drake