Pontifical TLM in Washington DC, April 28, 2018
  • For those in the mid-Atlantic region, everyone is invited to a Pontifical High Mass on Saturday, April 28 at 1:00 pm. at the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington DC, in thanksgiving for 10 years of Summorum Pontificum.

Here's the announcement from the sponsor, Paulus Institute

The celebrant and homilist will be Archbishop Sample of Portland, Oregon. It will be a votive Mass of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.

Announcement from the Shrine: http://www.nationalshrine.com/site/apps/nlnet/content.aspx?c=osJRKVPBJnH&b=4751533&ct=15012649

Musically, the Shrine choir will provide polyphony, including Victoria's Missa Salve Regina, and motets by Ugolini, Victoria, Palestrina, Marenzio, Clemens, and Monteverdi, with early instruments.
    Chant to be provided by men from local area scholas.

It would be great to see this large church filled. For those who can't be there in person, EWTN will be broadcasting live on Saturday, April 28.
  • Coming up in 2 days. Do you have your bus ticket? Set your video recorder?
  • Kathy
    I wish I could be there in person, David! Have fun and praise God.
  • mikevp
    The event was live-streamed for anyone who missed it!

Click here to view the video on Facebook.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • Hugh

This is huge. Unparalleled.

I'm watching through the Remnant link, and only up to the Offertory.

But this coverage is quite simply the very best introduction to the Old Mass I've ever seen or could imagine !!

The commentary by Mgr Andrew Wadsworth and Mgr Charles Pope is incredibly detailed and sensitive to every facet. They actually know what they're talking about, and love it dearly! A comprehensive catechesis on the Mass itself let alone the Solemn Pontifical Mass.

This is a one-stop shop introduction to the beating heart and font of Christendom - the Mass.

God bless Archbishop Sample, Mgrs Pope and Wadsworth, and all involved.

There is hope!

Please spread this far and wide.
  • David:

The Schola sounded wonderful and I was sorry not to be with you. Nearly all the other groups would have to be counted as professional or semi-professional but St Mary’s more than met that high bar. It all fit together seamlessly.

Kenneth