Updates on my earlier prayer requests, and a new one
  • The little girl diagnosed with spinal muscular atrophy had her first injection last week, and is fully clear of the virus affecting her lungs. In fact the doctor reported “you couldn’t tell this baby had RSV just a few days ago”. I don’t know how long they expect to see results from the injections, but I do know that if there is no improvement after four of them they discontinue the treatment.

My accompanist’s elderly mother began having some problems swallowing last week and will have surgery to get a feeding tube tomorrow. They’re both just wonderful ladies who have dealt with a lot-especially my accompanist who not only has her mom to care for but also a disabled sibling. Please keep them all in your prayers!
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Praying for all them, including you!
    Thanked by 1Carol
  • Carol
    I was just praying about this today so thanks for the update! Will continue.
  • Another request, terrible of me to forget. One of my basses is having open heart surgery next week, four stents and repair of a torn valve. He’s in his 70’s, sang in a boys choir back in the day and still performs with a local theater company, has a phenomenal voice. He’s never had any health problems before so he’s very worried, as can be expected. Our little choir already lost one bass to age and related issues, now we’re down to one bass (who has glaucoma and had to drop out of handbells because reading the music was too difficult for him with his sight), and two tenors.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Eerily similar ... one of our 2nd basses in the Phipps Choral Society had to drop out a couple of weeks before our spring concert this year because of having open heart surgery. Fortunately, the other three of us covered the section. Prayers that the surgery is a success and your bass singer recovers rapidly.
  • bhcordovabhcordova
    Praying. Asking the intercession of St. Jude Thaddeus.
  • The surgery went well, some of the other choir members visited and said she’s doing much better. My accompanist texted and said the IV fluids are also making a big difference in Mom’s strength and they hope she can go home on Friday. The swallowing problems are a side effect of a blood pressure medication her regular doctor gave her-which they’ve since discontinued, so hopefully she won’t need the feeding tube for very long and her muscles will go back to normal. I hate doctors and modern medicine, seem to cause more illnesses than “cures”.
    Thanked by 1CharlesW