Archdiocese of Los Angeles Religious Ed Congress Theme Song
  • francis
    yawn
    Thanked by 1CharlesW
  • CharlesW
    Build the wall and a moat with alligators, and put CA on the other side of it. Maybe the parts of the state that are not whacked can be saved.
    Thanked by 1francis
  • Kathy
    It's not areas that are not whacked, but individuals and small communities. #drainthemoat
  • CharlesW
    I am hearing and reading that those individuals and members of those sane communities are leaving the state. Apparently, businesses are moving, too. Sounds like some financial handwriting on the wall for the state.
  • MarkB
  • CharlesW
    It all comes back to leadership. You either have it, or you don't.
    Thanked by 2francis MarkB
  • francis
    Reiterating
    This is the fruit of the largest archdiocese in the United States. This is the example it sets for people who attend and around the world who watch the Mass videos. This is what it thinks is meaningful and proper liturgy. When it's all over Archbishop Gomez will congratulate everyone on a job well-done.
    Thanked by 1CharlesW
  • Caleferink
    I think it sounds like "Get On Your Feet" by Gloria Estefan, for those of you who remember early 90s pop music.

That's an enormous insult to Gloria Estefan (although I agree with your comparison).
  • Caleferink
    I could only get maybe a third of the way through that song...only because I was busy typing the above comment. Wow, that's awful. Although I guess that's par for the course for the LAREC.
    Thanked by 1CharlesW
  • MarkB
    Thanked by 1eft94530
  • cmb
    I understood why these shenanigans were going on when Card. Mahoney was in charge in those parts. But why Archbishop Gomez has not reigned things in at all, I do not understand.
    Thanked by 2CharlesW MarkB
  • Jeffrey Quick
    It's LaREC. And complaining about music at LaWreck is like critiquing the intonation of the Titanic's orchestra as they played "Nearer My God to Thee"...the least of worries.
  • melofluentmelofluent
    I concur with my friend JQ's sentiment, though not his analogy.
    There's no point in comparing the Carnival Cruise "Abandon Hope" with the Queen Mary (or Titanic.) They're wholly different vessels, LAREC and HRCC.
  • Chaswjd
    They are what make this possible:
    https://youtu.be/QxcOv4zPoVo
    Thanked by 3MarkB eft94530 CharlesW
  • dad29
    Why, oh why, do the Archdiocese of Los Angeles and OCP not have a clue?

Rule #1: Follow the Money. When in doubt, re-read Rule #1.