Foderunt Manus Meas
  • Drake
    I would like to share a new composition with the group, a setting of Foderunt Manus Meas (They have dug my hands and my feet). I structured this as a responsory, patterned after Victoria's responsories of Tenebrae--although this is not a responsory in any book I know of.

The piece is written for SATB with ATB verse. Digital rendering and free sheet music download are available at the following link:

http://www.catholicliving.net/foderunt-manus-meas-of-psalm-21/

Thank you for listening. I welcome feedback, and I hope this may be of use to someone.
  • I loved your hits like "One Dance" and "Hotline Bling"; this seems to mark quite a stylistic shift for you, but it's pretty good one!
    Thanked by 1Drake
  • Drake
    Yeah...different Drake...and no relation either. Drake is my last name, a distinction not shared by the well-known Drake.
    Thanked by 1MarkThompson
  • Very moving!
    Awfully good work!
    I will bring this to the attention of our choirmaster at Walsingham for next Holy Week.
    Thanked by 1Drake
  • Drake
    Thank you, M. Jackson Osborn. You are always so kind!
  • Drake
    Just a note that I've made a couple corrections to the lyrics, in case anyone is interested in an updated PDF.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • Many thanks for reminding us about this.
    Can you put the score up here for printing out?
    I'd like to show it to Walsingham's choirmaster very soon.
    This very coming Sunday we begin 'Gesimatide' in the Ordinariate.
    Thanked by 1Drake
  • Drake
    Surely. The PDF it attached.
  • I am looking forward to having my group do this next year - thank you so much for posting, and also for bumping it back up.
    Thanked by 1Drake
  • How does one get it to print fitting on letter-sized paper?
    My copies are coming out too large for one sheet.
    And the last page has OE OE OE..... instead of music.
  • MJO, is it possible you are viewing in the browser rather than opening the file in Adobe? If I open in Acrobat and print, it handles it without any issues - 8.5 x 11, double-sided, with no errors.

The other possibility is to download from the original link... when you follow that link there is another embedded link for doing the file download. Might help?
    Thanked by 1M. Jackson Osborn
  • chonakchonak
    The browsers' PDF display facilities often don't work well with music fonts.