Prayer request for one of my choir members
  • This young woman was born with mild cerebral palsy, developed epilepsy at three years old, has battled cancer multiple times, along with several other serious health problems. She was sent to the ER last week with a blood clot in her arm. She’s on blood thinners and may have gotten a bad batch. Last report as of yesterday she now has a blood infection but they don’t know why. She is in good spirits and jokes that she is a “professional patient” and not to worry about her. Her last bout with the cancer was declared over this summer and she’s been on a good healing streak since then, so this is a frustrating setback for her. She lives with her mom, both of them are in my choir. Mom drove back down from the hospital yesterday just to sing in the cantata. I told both of them not to worry about Christmas Eve, even if she is discharged this week. Please keep these two ladies in your prayers.
  • Praying over here.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Prayers for her (and for all dealing with disease).
    Thanked by 1Carol
  • CharlesW
    Prayers.
  • Carol
    I will pray for her and her mother. Isn't it amazing and inspiring how dedicated some people are? You must have nurtured that loyalty to the choir.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • Carol, I am new to this choir. They are a very tight knit and dedicated group and were self managed for thirty years. I was quite stunned to see Mom on Sunday, that’s for sure! However, the previous director excluded the disabled members, and I immediately brought them back when I took the position. So, maybe I play a small part. :) I need a creative solution for the woman who is in the hospital, though. She balances her folder on her weak arm and turns pages with her good one, but even though she insists it’s fine I think we can find something more comfortable for her. We thought about using a tablet but they are too heavy. The blood clot was not blocking the circulation to her arm, but if there’s any nerve damage it may be impossible for her to hold the folder for a while. If need be I’ll just have her set the folder on a music stand. (Accommodations previous director was unwilling to make because they didn’t like how it “looked”. I don’t understand people.)
  • How does it look for someone to use a music stand to God and his beloved son Jesus Christ? I would hazard a guess that they could not care less. Bless you and I will pray for both of them and you and your choir.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    If a choir director requires a music stand or an organist requires a music rack, then there can be no worthwhile objection to a chorister requiring a music stand.

It is really no different from a person requiring a wheelchair or stool or crutch or arm sling ... or spectacles.

Open your hearts and do not shut your minds.

• Kathy
    I kinda made one fellow use a music stand for similar reasons. It worked well.