"People must amend their lives..."
  • francis
    ...and ask pardon for their sins. They must not offend our Lord any more, for He is already too much offended!"
    The BVM, Portugal, October 13, 1917

100 years ago today this message was given to us from heaven with a public miraculous display of the sun.

Read and reflect on the request from heaven here:

https://www.ewtn.com/fatima/sixth-apparition-of-our-lady.asp

To the cause and request of heaven and Our Lady of Fatima, I dedicate this newly created icon from my own hands and heart.

The Significance of this Icon

soon to follow

• This past Friday, I went to Confession and received Communion, the first in a very long time of doing so. Did some ad hoc cantoring for the Centenary mass done by one of the local Dominicans, very nice sermon and we got to say the rosary. Anyways, when I got in my car to drive home in the evening, I turned on the radio to NPR, and wouldn't you know it, an orchestra was playing "Gabriel's Oboe" from The Mission. I thought to myself, "Huh. I guess the world is ending after all. What a pleasant way to go!"
    Thanked by 1francis
  • francis
    world is not ending... be quite a few ages before that
  • Oh, The Mission! Great film!!
    Thanked by 1StimsonInRehab
  • francis
    SIR:

I went and listened to Ennio Morricone conducting his own work. Brings back memories. BTW... that movie outlines when penance was truly penance, eh?
  • Francis, you lucky duck.

Yeah De Niro carrying rusty armor up steep cliff = me trying to learn organ. :(

Also came across your hymn playing through the St. Michael tonight. :D
    Thanked by 1francis