Roman Pontifical
  • Hello! I'm from the Philippines! I'm looking for a digital version of the Roman Pontifical, because it is not available (the hard copy) here in my country, or should i say i can't find any here in our catholic bookstores. Is there anyone have here?

Thanks for the answers (if there any)
  • JahazaJahaza
    Which pontifical are you looking for? The new one or the 1962 one?
  • chonakchonak
    The current US edition is available from the publisher in New York, if that's any help.
    http://www.catholicbookpublishing.com/products/1123

There is a 39-page excerpt in digital form, dated 2002, issued by the US bishops' conference, and apparently approved by the Holy See in 2003. It contains texts for the ordination of a bishop, not for ordinations of priests or deacons.
  • Thank you for this material!
  • The post-vatican ii. But I'm looking for the digital version, if there any
  • chonakchonak
    The cathedral of your diocese would be expected to have a copy of the Pontifical, so if you know any colleagues who work there, they may be able to help you find what you are looking for.

Or, if you're looking for some particular information, perhaps users with access to the book could answer the specific question.

As far as I know, the Church here is rather protective about putting its copyrighted texts into a form that could be copied easily. There may be a pirated copy of the book somewhere, of course, but I don't happen to know if such a thing exists, and as a policy we at CMAA wouldn't want to violate copyright by posting one on this forum anyway.
  • Thanks!