Prayers Please
  • I've asked for prayers for my great-grandmother before. I'm quite sure that this is the end now. She received last rites yesterday. Please pray for comfort for both our family and for her comfort in these difficult times.

UPDATE (posted below, but here for reference):

Thanks for the prayers.

She's lasted quite a bit longer than I thought she would. I would attest that to your prayers. Thank you once again.

We're almost definitely in the final stages now. I'm starting to gather musicians for a possible funeral soon, as she's stopped eating and is really slowing down. I think my grandmother is having the hardest time with this whole situation.

Please pray for her speedy journey to Heaven to be with Our Lord, and that Our Lord would, through Our Lady, continue to comfort the family in this increasingly difficult time. Please also pray that I find some singers who could put together a decent programme. I don't want this funeral to be a garbage bag for someone whom I know loves the traditional music of the Catholic Church.
  • CharlesW
    Prayers.
    Thanked by 1Casavant Organist
  • bhcordovabhcordova
    Praying for her. Asking St. Jude for intercessions.
  • Prayers for you and your family.
  • UPDATE:

Thanks for the prayers.

She's lasted quite a bit longer than I thought she would. I would attest that to your prayers. Thank you once again.

We're almost definitely in the final stages now. I'm starting to gather musicians for a possible funeral soon, as she's stopped eating and is really slowing down. I think my grandmother is having the hardest time with this whole situation.

Please pray for her speedy journey to Heaven to be with Our Lord, and that Our Lord would, through Our Lady, continue to comfort the family in this increasingly difficult time. Please also pray that I find some singers who could put together a decent programme. I don't want this funeral to be a garbage bag for someone whom I know loves the traditional music of the Catholic Church.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • Your prayers have borne fruit! She was up in bed asking for lunch and ice cream. I don't think this will last too long, but keep praying. The Lord works in mysterious ways.
  • bhcordovabhcordova
    Still praying
    Thanked by 1Casavant Organist
  • Hi everyone,
    Thanks so much for your prayers.
    I just got word now that she passed away. We're organizing the funeral. Please pray for the repose of her soul and the comfort of the family in this difficult time, and that everything will come together with the funeral.
  • canadashcanadash
    May the angels carry her into paradise. You are blessed to have known your grandmother!
  • CharlesW
    May her memory be eternal.
  • I agree with Canadash (I never knew either of my grandmothers).
    Might we know just her first name so we can put her on the prayer list which is kept on the altars during each Mass in November?
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Prayers for the peaceful repose of your grandmother's soul and for the comfort of your family and friends.
  • Prayers for comfort for you and your family.
  • CO,

I don't know if I'm even close to your area, but you need a singer for your programme, drop me a line. Prayers in the meantime.
  • Funeral will be tomorrow and I will be singing. I'm unfortunately singing OEW, but mostly everything else should be good. Thanks for all the prayers. She passed on the Feast of the Most Holy Rosary, and she passed whilst praying the Rosary. I'm sure Mary has good care of her now.
  • O, and her name is Theresa.
  • bhcordovabhcordova
    Praying for the repose of her soul. Grant her eternal rest, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her.