Hitler tries to plan Novus Ordo Ad Orientem
  • Kathy
    The thank button hardly does justice to my feelings at this moment.
    Thanked by 1Casavant Organist
  • melofluentmelofluent
    At the risk of yet again being considered a nattering nabob of….ahem…..despite the convenience and easy hilarity of the video, there ought to be consideration of some underlying concerns about this satire. The first of which obviously is that the ultimate autocrat villain, der Fűhrer, represents the very real feelings of a segment of disaffected faithful. I don’t think that association best exemplifies, even if mockingly, those concerns. Perhaps, in a larger way, the satire also points out the contention that the OF is artifice, I don’t know. But then later the fake dialogue has a maiden thankful Adolf wasn’t demanding a TLM.
    I’ve watched innumerable other versions of this film’s segment with AH, notably the great one about him not getting a HarleyDavidson to ride to Sturgis, but this version is a little toxic as regards the problems that we encounter weekly at Sunday OF’s in so many ways and parishes. Too close to the bone maybe.
  • Kathy
    Melo, I think the things that you're worried about are exactly why it's so funny.

Twisted--but very funny.
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Yes, certainly it is mildly funny (by comparison to other versions, as I stated.) I have no problem with this one as a bon mot.

And I'm gratified you deciphered my always coded verbiage.
  • Kathy
    No, you were intelligible this time.
    Thanked by 1melofluent
  • a_f_hawkins
    It is said that Hitler hated birettas and cassocks. "they drive me wild"
    Thanked by 1Casavant Organist
  • ClergetKubiszClergetKubisz
    If it wasn't for the TLM, that video might convince me to switch Rites.
  • So much YES to this video :-D