We Are In A Full Crisis Of Faith
  • CharlesW
    That "crisis" has been building for at least 50 years and more like 100 or more. We live in a fuzzy, ambiguous culture that doesn't accept absolutes. No surprise that the leadership of the church is little different.
  • melofluentmelofluent
    We are enduring a period of pessimistic resignation, or to paraphrase Jimmy Carter, an "international malaise." That our bishops and priests "feel free" to slouch towards Gomorrah via careerism, consumerism, isolation and withdrawal, it is only natural to see the faithful lose touch with spirituality, community and worship.
  • CharlesW
    Yep!
  • I was absent from the Church for almost ten years. It's been five years since my return and I am disheartened by the lack of clear leadership just in my own parish, which leads to awful thoughts and unsteady faith once more. Now that our youngest child has received first communion, we are actively seeking a new church home. My husband performs at Mass sometimes at a local TLM parish and reports that their congregation is exploding with young families. People "my age" are fed up with the ambiguity. Things will change and for the better, at least that is my hope.