Sacra Liturgia UK 2016
  • I will be attending. Anyone else? It will be in London 5-8 July. I will be in London 2-17 July.

http://sacraliturgiauk.org/
  • Steve CollinsSteve Collins
    Just an update, and a word of encouragement:

I attended in NYC last summer, and it was really wonderful. The talks were all informative and some down right enjoyable! The Liturgies were just this side of heaven!
    While the impetus of the Conference is Latin in the Liturgy, this year there will be presentations about the Anglican Ordinariate, with a closing sung Evensong at the Central London Ordinariate parish.

Don't let the expense of a London visit put you off. There is university housing available as B&B for very reasonable prices! I'm staying at Pembridge Gardens in Notting Hill for less than I spent in NYC last year! And there are others.

Thanked by 1M. Jackson Osborn
    It's hard to believe! Three months from now I will be in the midst of the Conference during my first week of two in London!

While Sacra Liturgia focuses on Latin in the Liturgy, the final day will include talks about the Anglican Ordinariate, and the closing Liturgy will be Sung Evening Prayer. I'm really hoping some of the US Ordinariate come and join us in London.

Of course, I will also be enjoying some advanced change ringing in many London bell towers!
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen Salieri
  • SalieriSalieri
    I was hoping to be able to go this summer, but, unfortunately life has declared otherwise (it's the week of the Pastoral change). I can't wait to see the pictures. (I suppose it just wasn't meant to be, since the organ at King's was 'stolen' anyway! LOL)
    I plan on going to the Flying Legends Airshow at IWM Duxford on the 9th. It's just outside Cambridge, but I think I'll have the entire day at Duxford. Besides, I'll get plenty of organs, choirs, and bells elsewhere.
  • Bumping this without renaming it:

Is anyone planning on attending Sacra Liturgia Milano 2017?

I am.
    Bumping one more time.

I'm leaving Friday evening for Milan. I have a ticket to "Don Giovanni" at La Scala for Saturday evening. I will be staying at
    Oasi San Francesco

Anyone else coming this year? Send me a message so we can get together.
    Thanked by 1M. Jackson Osborn
  • JonLaird
    I'll be there! Will PM you.