We might actually win this!
  • Jeffrey TuckerJeffrey Tucker
    I am thrilled to see that the CMAA is listed as #4 in this sales list from the MusicaSacra.com storefront. If the CMAA emerges as the winner, it will mean an additional $1,500 available for scholarships to attend the Colloquium. There are two weeks remaining. If you have thought about purchasing a book, please do it now. It might put us over the top and mean so much to many students who want to learn chant. Thank you!
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    May I say something?

I really, really want every single one of those books!
  • miacoyne
    We should buy from LULu not from Amazon to win?
    Well, it seems so. Our strategy right now is to systematically move everything from Lulu to Amazon, insofar as we can afford bulk printings. So far we've done 6 or so, and hoping that revenue provides more for more investment. The goal is to complete the transition by year's end. But this takes real resources, a bit at a time. Resources, hopes, and prayers. Anyway, the answer is, yes, for now, for two weeks, it is better to buy from Lulu. It could mean $1,500 to us, which is a huge amount of money for us actually!
  • I'm so pleased that heading toward the back stretch CMAA is pulling ahead of NHRA.
    That's so funny! I do find it interesting that most all the bestsellers are religious books.
    By the way Randolph, any news on the Marier hymnal?
  • Pes
    Ok, I bought SLC by this "Jeffrey Tucker" person from amazon -- when I could've done this! Ok, I'll purchase something from lulu, too.
  • Jeffrey,
    It's still in the works. We've had some setbacks that have forced us to focus temporarily on other things (e.g., untimely snow storms that canceled three much needed money-making concerts plus our pastor's unexpected leave of absence). I'm hoping that after the intensity of Holy Week we can redirect our attention to the process of making the hymnal available as well as overhauling the school's website. So much to do, so little time.
    As always, please call me if I can help: providers, technology, anything.
  • Gilbert
    Marier Hymnal? what??
  • Jeffrey,
    Got my copy yesterday, half-way through....magnificent.
    Were I to purchase more copies for pastor, etc., through which vendor would help you in your goal?
    C
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Charles,
    I think I can speak for Jeffrey: go LULU
  • Yes... until about the 3rd or so of April, Lulu helps us most... I think.
  • 3 more ordered from LuLu.
    Am I the only person who associates "Lulu" with a cartoon character from the 50's who is, ahem, Rubenesque?
    In any case, I'm going to present the pastor with one as if it were Mao's "Little Red Book," but which tells the truth, the whole truth and nothing but....so help me.
    With all my heart, I hope he "gets it" this time.
    charles, that is just so nice to say! I don't think it contains much for the ages but it does seem to help people get on the right track. It's a start in any case.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    I also just ordered three wonderful books. I hope we win !!!
  • Jeffrey, I appreciate and get the humility as to whether the book is "for the ages," but I think it provides great traction for a turning point in our understanding of what Liturgy provides, rather than the "business or commerce" that has attached itself parasitically to our sacral endeavors.
    And you are one helluva(n) author. You could be the Grisham of Lit. Philo.! It's a page turner fer shure. (Too bad we can't have liturgical "bodice rippers!")
    You know me, can't resist.
    C
  • I ordered a couple more books... I wonder how we are doing. Even third place wins something, I believe...
  • ghmus7
    What is this about the "Marier Hymnal"? More info, if you please, and where to obtain a copy.
    Well, the Marier hymnal -- you can't obtain a copy. So far as I know, none exist on any marketplace. It is long out of print. IT is called Psalms, Hymns, and Spiritual Canticles. someone seems to be attempting a torrent and here is a brief overview
  • mjballoumjballou
    OK, I'll be stupid - what's a torrent?
  • Oh, that review is too funny... bemoaning the lack of Taize, Gelineau and Modern Contemporary Folk Hymns...
    What's a torrent????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mary Jane, some pirate you are!
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    I would also like to know what a torrent is.
  • From the source: BitTorrent.
    Also, here
  • GavinGavin
    Downloaded and seeding! Thank you!
  • Gilbert
    Will the Marier Hymnal be printed again? A new edition to accompany the new translation of the Mass maybe?
  • chonakchonak
    As I suggested to Randolph a few weeks ago, the choir school could make a little money from reprinting the 1983 edition through a print-on-demand service. That might well be doable under their existing rights agreements with the owners of third-party material in the volume.
  • a1437053a1437053
    Did my part!
    Oh, good grief. we've actually slipped in the ranking!

Any ideas of what to do
  • chonakchonak
    Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's ranking, nor his sales figures, nor anything that is thy neighbor's.
  • CharlesW
    "Charles in CenCA CommentTime6 days ago
    3 more ordered from LuLu.
    Am I the only person who associates "Lulu" with a cartoon character from the 50's who is, ahem, Rubenesque?"

Charles, you are too funny. When I ordered and saw"Lulu" as the source, I wondered if that outfit was legitimate. It sounded more like a name for a busty Madam with pearls and a cigarette holder. However, they are on the level and the book arrived promptly and in good shape.
    Well, I'm not really coveting the sales rankings so much as the grant money.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Look at THIS --- Mine just arrived --- the most beautiful site I ever saw!!!file.

I'm so excited !!

Starting in the Fall, I will be recording the entire Chants Abrégés and posting them to this site along with the scores.
  • I ordered the Versus Psalmorum et Canticorum, too... had the Communio... still need the Chants Abreges, although I must admit to already using it from the downloaded files a fair amount... really nice for a beginning schola... it is a thing of beauty!
  • rich_enough
    Has anyone downloaded torrent version of Marier's hymnal successfully? I tried to - handing over $4.95 in the process - and came up with a blank file, or at least one I cannot open. I also suspect that I downloaded some spy- or malware along with whatever else.

I find it hard to believe that someone is trying to make money by selling blank files of what purports to be a fairly obscure hymnal - but either way I feel pretty stupid.

Anyone else have any better luck with this?

Sam Schmitt
  • GavinGavin
    I got it, Sam. Why did you pay for it? The download was free.
    Rule in life: never pay for a torrent