Great Prophetic Quotes in a Pic
  • francis
    Thanked by 2Vilyanor bonniebede
  • francis
    444 x 371 - 57K
  • CharlesW
    One of my favorites reads:

The Flat Earth Society has members all around the globe.
  • francis
    620 x 400 - 31K
    Thanked by 1bonniebede
  • francis
    Charles:

I checked their website... it is now a philosophical union against globalism (as far as I can tell).
    Thanked by 1CharlesW
  • melofluentmelofluent
    296 x 150 - 22K
    Thanked by 1mattebery
  • Liam
    I want an image to go with the immortal line "Yet she could see by their shocked and altered faces that even their virtues were being burned away" in the ending of Flannery O'Connor's short story, Revelation:

“[Mrs. Turpin] bent her head slowly and gazed, as if through the very heart of mystery, down into the pig parlor at the hogs. They had settled all in one corner around the old sow who was grunting softly. A red glow suffused them. They appeared to pant with a secret life. Until the sun slipped finally behind the tree line, Mrs. Turpin remained there with her gaze bent to them as if she were absorbing some abysmal life-giving knowledge. At last she lifted her head. There was only a purple streak in the sky, cutting through a field of crimson and leading, like an extension of the highway, into the descending dusk. She raised her hands from the side of the pen in a gesture hieratic and profound. A visionary light settled in her eyes. She saw the streak as a vast swinging bridge extending upward from the earth through a field of living fire. Upon it a vast horde of souls were rumbling toward heaven. There were whole companies of white-trash, clean for the first time in their lives, and bands of black n*****s in white robes, and battalions of freaks and lunatics shouting and clapping and leaping like frogs. And bringing up the end of the procession was a tribe of people whom she recognized at once as those who, like herself and Claud, had always had a little of everything and the God-given wit to use it right. She leaned forward to observe them closer. They were marching behind the others with great dignity, accountable as they had always been for good order and common sense and respectable behavior. They alone were on key. Yet she could see by their shocked and altered faces that even their virtues were being burned away. She lowered her hands and gripped the rail of the hog pen, her eyes small but fixed unblinkingly on what lay ahead. In a minute the vision faded but she remained where she was, immobile.

At length she got down and turned off the faucet and made her slow way on the darkening path to the house. In the woods around her the invisible cricket choruses had struck up, but what she heard were the voices of the souls climbing upward into the starry field and shouting hallelujah.”

Maybe someday a tapestry with the following iconic image will be unfurled over the balcony of St Peter's:

https://biblioklept.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/self-portrait1953.jpg
    Thanked by 1chonak
  • francis
    ... and where you are, there shall you be.
  • francis
    Liam... I would not be surprised at all to see that one unfurled!
  • francis
    Here's another one by FO

• francis
    or

• francis
    here is one of my own self portraits from 2002 or so, with a quote of my own...

and this is my webpage on the Helix Nebulae that I posted in 2013 (I believe)

http://myopus.com/helixNebulae/
    682 x 682 - 337K
  • Francis,
    Can we now call Mrs. Pelosi for lifting her remarks from the famous Miss O'Conner?
    Thanked by 1francis
  • francis
    CG-Z... I do not know anything about that... please enlighten us. Although, I can very easily see Mrs. Pelosi not knowing what she thinks until she reads what she wrote! (or someone else wrote for her to think)
    Thanked by 1CharlesW