Today (Aug 15, 2016) Begins a 54 Day Rosary Novena
  • Oratorians of Kalamazoo are doing this. I mention this because they are www.thebomb.com . Anyone here who's had the chance to meet either Fr. James or Br. Edward know how rock-solid they are on their liturgy. And the fact that they're hoping to start a choir school.

Also, pardon my sounding like a canonically irregular cheerleader, but - join the rosary crusade, too! You can do both this and the 54-day Novena at the same time!
  • CharlesW
    OK, I like the idea, but am becoming rosary'd to death. LOL. Easy for an easterner who doesn't pray that devotion except in a limited form. I am a day or two late on the one Francis posted, but both the "Francis" and the "Stimson" rosaries sound like good ideas. I will do some sort of prayers with both.
  • chonakchonak
    Well, Charles, don't we all know that the church values the Akathist Hymn much as it does the Rosary, even enriching it with similar indulgences (that is, if you Easterners take an interest in indulgences!)
    Thanked by 2CharlesW eft94530
  • francis
    Amen I say to you, whatsoever you shall bind upon earth, shall be bound also in heaven: and whatsoever you shall loose upon earth, shall be loosed also in heaven.
  • CharlesW
    Indulgences are more of a western thing. There are many Akathist hymns and I suspect any of them would be good prayers for these intentions. If they honor a saint, then that saint's intercession could be sought.
  • francis
    it's a God thing, Charles
    Thanked by 1StimsonInRehab
  • CharlesW
    I wouldn't necessarily agree that indulgences are a God thing, more of a medieval western church thing, which often thinks it is God. If indulgences get people to pray, then that is good.

I did the Universal Living Rosary decade that I do, along with a chotki for these intentions. I just do the prayers. What God does with them is his business, not mine. I hope ALL the prayers are successful in obtaining what we are asking.
    Thanked by 1Spriggo
  • BenBen
    Here's the direct link for the site, by the way:

https://www.novenaforournation.com/

We had some downtime on the first day (50k pageviews a day will do that to a server!) but we're up and running now!
    Thanked by 1CharlesW
  • CharlesW
    Cardinal Burke for pope!
    Thanked by 1Ben