EF SAB motet for a Requiem?
  • gregpgregp
    Our schola sings the EF Requiem Mass fairly often, and I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for a suitable SAB motet that we could employ at those times. An SATB piece wherein the organ could subtly play would also be welcome.
  • Chaswjd
    I would look for a setting of the requiem mass itself. Most requiem settings set the proper so there is no need to for any special motet. There is one by Clemens non Papa which you could use. There is also one by Anerio which may not be too hard. Finally, there is a Lotti version which may also fit your needs.

I think all of these are actually four part. You could use organ to double the bass line to help support your singers. In a pinch, the organ could fill in a missing line as well. I hope this helps.
  • JesJes
    I just recently wrote a Lux Aeterna for TTB for @stimsoninrehab but could arrange for SAB if you'd like?
    Thanked by 2gregp StimsonInRehab
  • gregpgregp
    I just recently wrote a Lux Aeterna for TTB for @stimsoninrehab but could arrange for SAB if you'd like?

Most definitely!
    Thanked by 1Jes
  • JesJes
    Cool I'll send on Friday
  • JesJes
    attached is original and SAB version. Feel free to take down a tone if Bass is too high. I've tried to avoid too many changes.
    Thanked by 2gregp CHGiffen
  • Jeffrey Quick
    I've got a Requiem for 3 equal voices. I have no problems with it being done SSA with the A doubled by the bass.
    Thanked by 3gregp Jes CHGiffen
  • gregpgregp
    I'd love to take a look at it.
  • JesJes
    Also, if you want something written I can get stuff done fairly quick at the moment as it is start of term at my school currently before Uni goes back.
    Thanked by 2gregp CHGiffen
  • Chaswjd
    Also try the Puccini Requiem. It's for SAB + viola and organ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOPfxP30_Gw
    Thanked by 1StimsonInRehab