I applied for the job. There's a twist- the position for director is also open
  • So I applied for both, as it said to state which position(s) you are interested in. Apparently the director is nearly 70 and I guess decided she didn't have it in her to deal with all new people. They also need someone to direct their hand bell group. So, we'll see what happens. I am heartsick about this whole thing, but I know I have to at least try and put myself out there. Speaking of heartsick, I got some truly awful news about the director at my current place. She told us this week that she'd been having some problems and after many tests was diagnosed with a very serious heart condition. I feel even more guilty doing this now...But I can at least go for the interview if they contact me and see what's up. I've been so depressed lately I'm considering seeing a doctor and going back on medication, life just feels like it's suffocating me sometimes. :-*(
  • CharlesW
    Stuff happens and not all of it is pleasant. I feel for the people hurt by such things but can't do much besides offer prayers for them.

Now, about you. It's good you applied for both. You have to pull yourself back personally and look at what is best for you. What most helps you achieve your objectives and goals? What will get you where you want to be a couple of years from now?
  • The answer to those questions, to be honest even though it sounds shallow, is more money. I need a position that pays more. Period.
  • CharlesW
    That is not a shallow answer, but reality.
  • irishtenoririshtenor
    That just sounds like the truth, Fidem. Good for you for putting yourself out there to improve your family's financial situation. This is your career, after all!
  • It is, but geez I just wish it came at a better time you know? But I can't worry about things I can't control. I'm not a tremendously ambitious person either, so the whole thing feels awkward to me.