Drop Down Ye Dew : Four Part Round (SATB) : by Koerber - (newly composed 12/16/2015)
  • francis
    We will hopefully perform this work this coming Sunday at the 11am. You are free to use it in your liturgies if you have time or the means to perform it. Happy Fourth Sunday of Advent! It was inspired by a simpler Mozart Round on the same theme.

Hear a Choral Simuation

Download Score
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Charming!
    Thanked by 1francis
  • Francis, beautiful piece! Small note: you forgot to complete the word "heaven" at the end of the alto part.
  • francis
    yes this was composed and published in about one hour from concept to thread post and is quite unpolished. this is a very untouched inspiration. will have to work on it without destroying its essence. there is a textual issue I have to resolve also.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    I'm sure you'll work it out successfully, my friend!
    Thanked by 1francis
  • BenBen
    Just sang through a good chunk of it, and it sounds lovely!
    Thanked by 1francis
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    there is a textual issue I have to resolve also.

I don't know if it's the one you are thinking of, but at m10 Soprano (and analogous other locations), I would try "dew, rain" on a dotted-quarter eighth instead of just "dew".

(My first thought was two quarters, but then duplicate words stack up, and who wants that?)

It's nice. I like it.
    Thanked by 1francis
  • francis
    Adam. you nailed it. that was exactly my solution. this all results from cut and paste haste and the compulsion to share NOW.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen