Parish Book of Psalms - Organ Accompaniment
  • ryandryand
    Posted individually as they are completed.

First up: Second Sunday of Easter, or Divine Mercy Sunday
    Thanked by 1noel jones, aago
  • ryandryand
    Third Sunday of Easter

[Year A edited from previous version]
    Thanked by 1noel jones, aago
  • chonakchonak
    Let me throw in a copyright notice here:

Vocal melody from "Parish Book of Psalms" (c) copyright 2012 by Arlene Oost-Zinner. Used under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 licensing.
    Thanked by 1ryand
  • ryandryand
    4th Sunday of Easter
  • Bob_Nardo
    Another very helpful project!
  • ryandryand
    5th Sunday of Easter
  • ryandryand
    6th Sunday of Easter
  • ryandryand
    The Ascension of the Lord
  • ryandryand
    Seventh Sunday of Easter
  • ryandryand
    Pentecost Vigil (Simple Form)
  • ryandryand
    Pentecost Vigil (Extended Form)
  • ryandryand
    Pentecost - Mass During the Day
    (Same antiphon as simple vigil and extended after reading 4, but different verses)
  • ryandryand
    The Most Holy Trinity
  • ryandryand
    The Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ
  • ryandryand
    The Sacred Heart of Jesus
  • ryandryand
    I'll be working on OT and a few feasts here soon. Just curious if anyone is finding these useful and looking forward to more postings...
    Thanked by 1Continuousbass
  • I appreciate these beautifully done accompaniments.
  • Bob_Nardo
    In the words of a musical group not necessarily known for their traditionalism: "If you feel like giving me a lifetime of devotion... I second that emotion!"
  • donr
    Ryand, I have not used them to date because we are "encouraged" to use the Respond and Acclaim at our church. But I would use them for First Fridays or other Masses during the week if they line up.
  • I am very excited about these! None of our organists (besides the one leaving for grad school) can read or accompany chant. I'm working on it, but I feel that I'm more needed at the front of the choir (I'm an arm flapper, not an organist). Our next Mass that would employ these, we are using the Propers from the Dedication of a Lateran Basilica. I'd love to see more of these, so I can plan ahead and use them!
  • These are truly wonderful! Did I miss the other previous weeks before the 2nd Sunday of Easter? Is there a book being compiled or is one compiled already?
  • ryandryand
    Work in progress.
  • Wondering if there is any more of this?
  • aria
    I'm looking for Ps103 ("The Lord is Kind...) from Parish Book of Pslams for a wedding this weekend. I can chant it a capella but the congregation would really appreciate accompaniment and I'm hoping such accompaniment already exists... :-)

Toward that end, I'm asking if anyone has and can share the Resp Psalm for any of the following: 7th Sunday in OT (years A & C), 8th Sunday in OT (year B), or 24th Sunday in OT (year A). I know the verses won't match the wedding ones, but I can write those in easily enough.

Thanks!

PS: I usually work w/ an accompanist who can add accompaniment on the spot but I'm working w/ someone for the first time this weekend and she's not familiar w/ chant so that's why I'd like some "normal-looking music" I can hand to her. Thanks!
  • francis
    here is an off the top of my head continuo
    1200 x 272 - 42K
  • francis
    ahhh... here.

899 x 394 - 42K
  • aria
    Bless you, Francis, for writing/posting that for me! I really appreciate it. I was actually planning on using this version, though: http://musicasacra.com/pbpmedia/PBPOT07AC.pdf . Still, I'm very grateful for your time in putting the above together. This is a wonderfully supportive forum and I'm so thankful!
  • francis
    No problem. These only take about 10 mins.

Here is the one you want. I composed it with two endings so you that you can resolve the last antiphon on the tonic.
    883 x 769 - 66K
  • aria
    Thanks, Franics- a thousand blessings upon you! This will make things so much easier to work my the accompanist and I'm very grateful.