Correcting things people post.
  • When someone posts something and you find a mistake, it's polite to click on their name and message them privately.

I make mistakes all the time...getting a private post lets me make corrections.

Thanks for considering this and welcome to the forum.
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    Pointing out grammar and spelling problems is impolite UNLESS the mistake is inherently entertaining or funny. Otherwise they should just be ignored. Or dealt with in a private message if they are embarrassing and need correcting.

Other people may disagree, but I think errors of fact should be dealt with publicly (most of the time), because if one person has a misconception about something, other people often share it. Publicly working out the facts contributes to more people being less wrong more of the time.
  • BenBen
    I agrees with Adam. Facts are more better corrected in the public, unless there is extenuating circumstance.
    Thanked by 1Casavant Organist
  • Adam is right. Correcting grammar and spelleng, etc., can be rather tacky and rude, unless one knows for a fact that the errorist was wrong out of ignorance and would appreciate correction.

As for other kinds of 'errors', that's really one thing a forum is for isn't it - at least it seams so to me.
    Thanked by 1eft94530
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    605 x 432 - 64K
  • chonakchonak
    Now when people are typing a lot of their computer messages on tiny phone keyboards, it is easier than ever to make typographical errors, so I hope people will be indulgent of any little mistakes in my typing.

If you can recognize what the user meant, it's a good and friendly thing to just respond to that.
    Thanked by 1MatthewRoth
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    I never make misteaks! And yew can aliquot me on that, if you dayer. Their isn't any scents in peeple getting there dander up, ether hear or over they're.
  • ryandryand
    The OP is guilty of using Singular They.

And, I'm totally ok with that.
    Thanked by 1Adam Wood
  • JahazaJahaza
    Now when people are typing a lot of their computer messages on tiny phone keyboards, it is easier than ever to make typographical errors

Not to mention when you type it correctly and then "autocorrect" makes it wrong!
  • My message was more aimed towards posting things in PDF that people want...often in a hurry, and not having anyone around to proof...we love to hear that we have made mistakes so that we can fix them, but hate to have them paraded in front if the entire forum - especially when it's a favor to help someone out.
  • By the way, it's a pleasure to welcome you all to the forum. Thought you were all members!
  • chonakchonak
    Thank you for clarifying your vague message!
  • SalieriSalieri
    No matter how often 'I see' that picture, it still give me the creeps.
  • I don't get it. Chonak doesn't have his arms up in the air...now that would be creepy and way out of character. At first I thought you meant my blue shirt and the bamboo.
    Thanked by 1eft94530
  • melofluentmelofluent
    He was chanting the Old Testament reading...
  • chonakchonak
    The guy with the wooden serpent photo says that some picture gives him the creeps. Okay. :-)