Mouret, Rondeau - Does anyone have a decent arrangement for organ? (PD)
  • francis
    help! I thought I had this and want to play it for a wedding this sat. Anyone have it?
  • IMSLP has this one. Should get you through.
    Thanked by 1francis
  • francis
    Thanks Rob, but I downloaded that one earlier today, and to be truthful, I couldn't stomach it. I really want three staves with melody in trumpet, accomp in left hand and a great pedal line. Thanks just the same. If no one comes up with a good one, I may have to use this and improvise my own arrangement based on the chord structure.
  • Try the one Diana Bish arranged in one of her compilations for wedding music.
  • SalieriSalieri
    Francis: I had the same problem a few months ago: I had a really good arr. of this - but now I can't find it. So I used this one from IMSLP. It is for Trumpet (C) and Organ, and you'll have to do some 're-arranging', but it works nicely.
  • francis
    tnx salieri... that is much better. i guess i should make an arrangement since i have done almost all of the wedding pieces so far except this one.

tnx for suggestion Abbot.
  • Thomas Murray's transcription (Wayne Leupold Editions WL700023) has always been my go-to solo organ arrangement for the Rondeau. A note of caution, however: Unlike most other wedding processionals and recessionals, I always have to practice the Rondeau beforehand (the middle section in particular). If playing for a church with lots of demands, practice time for weddings can sometimes be a luxury.
  • francis
    Yes, Randolph, that is the problem of a single paid musician on staff... Has to do it all. I totally concur.