Robes/No Robes Revisited
  • I had been thinking that robes were not crucial to a choir, but this video has me thinking otherwise. Make sure to watch the last minute.

http://youtu.be/ItMJtA8vfpw

Thoughts?

[Admin note: if you are showing the full text of a URL, just paste it in. The system will automatically make it a clickable link. No need to add an "A" tag yourself. --chonak]
  • donr
    Don't ever do that to me again
  • chonakchonak
    That thing is six years old. Zzzz.
  • hartleymartin
    When I'm playing the organ up in the gallery, I often do it dis-robed. :-P
  • CharlesW
    Since our loft is twenty feet higher than the main floor, we have a constant year-round temperature - hot! The air conditioning system is ancient and noisy. We have to turn it off in the loft to hear over the blowers. I have threatened to have a naked choir one of these Sunday mornings. LOL. No robes. It would be unbearable.
  • BruceL
    We break in the summer partially due to temps. The gallery is (with the a/c on since last night's anticipated Mass) 86 degrees this morning, with the top of the organ case (about another 25 feet higher) at 90+!
  • [the air conditioning was broken in a parish one Sunday]

Think this is hot? Hell lasts for ever. Amen.
  • matthewjmatthewj
    We have a mixed female/male voice choir, so cassock and surplice is not an option for us.. but I do like a uniform-looking choir, so we just wear all black.