Two Part Mass Setting that children sing?
  • Ted_B

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of Mass setting that could be sung by a children's choir. We are starting a choir (grade 3-6) next school year. I want to find a Mass setting that we could use for our school Mass. I know of plenty of singable unison English settings but was curious if any one knew of any English settings that are perhaps in 2 parts and could be done by a beggining choir.
  • hartleymartin
    Not an English setting, but "Mass in Mi" by Lawrence Bevenot is a nice simple 2-voice mass with organ accompaniment.
  • melofluentmelofluent
    I re-arranged a dated Natalie Sleeth brevis version of a children's setting to comply with MR3 for our school. PM me if you're interested.
  • StimsonInRehabStimsonInRehab
    It's not English, but Perosi's Missa Te Deum Laudamus is two-part, and uber easy.
  • Kathy
    I thought it said that Melo dated Natalie Sleeth.
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Scamps, all o' ye!
  • oldhymnsoldhymns
    I have "Mass for Children" by Sister M. Catherine, S.S.M.N. (published by McLaughlin & Reilly, 1976) for "unison or two equal voices." Another might be "A Simple Hymn-Tune Mass in English" by Carroll Thomas Andrews (published by GIA in 1964). I actually have about 15 others in English but perhaps you could use one of these I've mentioned. PM me if you want copies.
  • Melo,

When was Sleeth's material dated? (I recognize that I'll be the only one around here who doesn't appreciate her stuff)