Liturgy for Mass for Christian Unity
  • Hi all,

I have no access to a modern missal (with appendices). Can anyone point me to an electronic source (or a nice pdf) for the Mass for Christian Unity? I need to assemble that for Friday next.

Thanks!
    Mike
  • I don't have one, but I do have some suggestions for music:

In Christ There Is No East nor West
    At that First Eucharist
    Draw Us in the Spirit's Tether
    God, We Praise You
    The Church's One Foundation
    Father, We Thank Thee Who Has Planted

I hope this helps.
  • Thanks. I believe I have a fax with the liturgy waiting for me at school.
  • chonakchonak
    It's interesting that this is about a Mass for Christian Unity, rather than a celebration of Vespers or another kind of prayer service, as one usually associates with the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity.

If you were planning for a service with Protestant participation, you'd have to be careful about "At That First Eucharist", because even the concept of "sacrament" isn't accepted universally.
  • dvalerio
    There is an on-line PDF with the 2002 Missale Romanum (in LATIN!) at this French site. (You have to register---it's free---to download.) The Mass you want begins in p. 691 of the PDF.

I am afraid I know of no on-line English resource for that Mass.
  • Thanks all, I got the liturgy faxed to me. This is for a Catholic Liturgy of the Word service that we do at our Evangelical Protestant college -- no full Mass permitted. All I need is two hymns and chose In Christ there is No East or West and The Church's One Foundation.

What I could use, if anyone can help, is a setting of the Resp Psalm with the response "Lord, Gather your scattered people" vss to Jeremiah 31:10, 11-12ab, 13-14. I can always contrafacta one of Jeff O's psalms, but that doesn't always work.