The Lord is King--Sop/Ten Lassus adaptation for Christ the King
  • Heath
    Bumping.
  • same melody as Manducaverunt?
  • Heath
    Good eye! Yes, I think I adapted this text first, and then re-adapted when I started the Eucharistic motets project.
  • ghmus7
    Maybe its my computer, but some of the beams dont have note heads?
  • Heath
    Hmm . . . good on my end. Must be your computer.
  • Heath
    Bumping and adding a TB version.
    Thanked by 1Aristotle Esguerra
  • bumping
  • Excellent. Heath, if I could make on suggestion, it would be to revise the underlay in the upper voice at ‘is robed’ to take the emphasis off ‘is’. Perhaps you could remove the tie at ‘is’ and start ‘robed’ on the downbeat?

Just a thought...
  • Heath
    Palestrina, thanks for suggestion! I did this quite awhile ago and I actually forgot it existed! I'm far too lazy to change it at this point, but I won't be offended if you want to fuss with the text underlay. : ) I would certainly do it differently not, I'm sure, after adapting probably another 100 motets since I did this one!

Speaking of which, grab these adaptations while you can! I'll probably be taking them all down soon...big announcement coming up! : )
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    I'll probably be taking them all down soon...big announcement coming up! : )
    Does this mean they won't be free any longer?
  • Heath
    Does this mean they won't be free any longer?

Let's put a very positive spin on this . . . I'll be offering hundreds of scores and marvelous customer service for pennies per piece.

: )

Stay tuned!
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • ghmus7
    Thank you for theses arrangements! My only requests is that you include more verses, e to 5 would be ideal...that would make it a more substantial work...thank you!
  • Heath
    Greg, I have some longer pieces over at the English Motets site!