organ accompaniments to 1974 Graduale Romanum
  • This is my first post with the forum. My name is Eleanor Harder, I play the organ for the EF, sometimes chant the propers when my husband cannot do it. Together we started a youth choir which sings both sacred polyphony and chant. Occasionally I play for the NO. I have noticed that you say there is an organ accompaniment to the 1974 NO Graduale Romanum. Whenever I go to the link offered, the response is "not available". Could anyone let me know how to find elsewhere the organ accompaniment to the 1974 Graduale Romanum chants? Thank you, Eleanor
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • chonakchonak
    The Abbey at Solesmes publishes a multi-volume accompaniment, which you can buy from Paraclete Press.

Also, most of the content in the Graduale is represented in the set "Nova Organi Harmonia", which you can download as PDFs for free from Corpus Christi Watershed. They have other organ accompaniments available for download, listed in their PDF book collection.
  • This should give you all the accompaniments to the Graduale Romanum http://www.ccwatershed.org/library/ for free. If you are looking to pay for them, then I'd buy them from here
  • Are the Propers in the 1974 Graduale the same as the Propers from the Graduale of the EF? For example, I downloaded the NOH organ accompaniment for the Feast of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross from Corpus Christi Watershed. These chants were the Propers from the Mass prior to the NO. So do these chants still apply to the same NO Feast? I hope the question is clear. Eleanor
  • Sometimes they will be the same Propers, in the case of the Exaltation of the Cross they are the same for both.
    The major feasts and seasons (Advent, Christmas, Lent, Easter) are often the same if I remember correctly. Occasionally during Ordinary Time there are Lectionary specific chants for the three year cycle that differ from the EF. Often though one can still find the chants from another feast or from one of the Office Proper collections.
  • chonakchonak
    If you wish, you can download the 1961 Graduale from the CMAA resource page:
    http://musicasacra.com/resource-lists/

That will have propers for the EF.
    Thanked by 1eft94530
  • Earl_GreyEarl_Grey
    The accompaniment books from solesmes, available in 3 volumes, while expensive do follow the 74 graduale. So if you don't want to have to cross reference every time and prefer the convenience of a book to keep on the organ then that is the way to go. The 3 volumes cover solemnites and major feasts; sundays of advent, christmas, lent and easter; and the sundays of ordinary time. Ritual Masses, weekdays and such are not included. They are available for purchase through Paraclete Press as wel as GIA.
    Thanked by 1eft94530