Looking for Polyphonic Proper Recordings
  • johnmann
    I found a CD with a few Palestrina Offertoria but not the entire cycle. I would appreciate any help.
  • rich_enough
    I take it you are referring to this recording by the choir of Trinity College, Cambridge under Richard Marlow. According to the review "there are no other comparable collections available" - and quick searches on Google amd WorldCat suggest that he's right.

Classical Archives lists recordings of 31 offertories; many are from the Trinity College recording.

So besides recordings that happen to have a few Palestrina offertories on them (like this one and this one), you may be out of luck.
    Thanked by 2johnmann BruceL
  • matthewjmatthewj
    We need to start posting more... I've only posted one Offertory by Lasso thus far. It's difficult to remember to record things during Mass.
  • Jeffrey Quick
    The Byrd Gradualia are distributed among several discs in The Byrd Edition by The Cardinall's music. I'm not seeing much right now for The Choralis Constantinus, or the plethora of other German Proper settings. It would seem like an opportunity for an enterprising early music group.
    Thanked by 2rich_enough johnmann
  • donr
    Matthew can't you have the video team record every Sunday Mass for you. Then you can pick and choose which ones to use .
  • matthewjmatthewj
    The sound quality for the TV Mass is not as good as I'd like... There's a fellow in Indonesia that pulls songs from the television Mass and puts them on his YouTube channel and when you remove them and then re-upload them, the quality is really bad. I get better sound from recording on my iPhone.