Recording or Text of Andrew Motyka's Presentation on Propers?
  • aldine
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • melofluentmelofluent
    It was excellent. If Todd Flowerday had been there, he'd have given it a thumbs up.
    Thanked by 1BruceL
  • ClergetKubiszClergetKubisz
    Melo, did we miss each other in Indy?
  • I "made" a recording, that is to say, I set up the recorder and didn't press the correct buttons, so I didn't actually record it. I saw a couple other microphones in there, though.
  • melofluentmelofluent
    CK, apparently yes. I didn't make myself scarce except I didn't patronize the bar the whole week after compline, ergo less than prominent profile. Did you sing with Turk or Horst?
  • ClergetKubiszClergetKubisz
    No I was with Brouwers and Weber. Which breakouts did you attend?
  • If Todd Flowerday had been there, he'd have given it a thumbs up.

I'm not entirely sure how to take this.
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Definitely compliment, if Todd had the moxie to actually check out who 'we are."
    Thanked by 1Andrew Motyka
  • ClemensRomanusClemensRomanus
    Lol
  • I didn't mean that to be an insult to Todd, either. There are things on which he and I agree, and things on which I strenuously disagree with him. Thanks, Melo!
  • BruceL
    I'm not entirely sure how to take this.

Andy, you mean like an American or an Arab?
  • matthewjmatthewj
    But who is Andrew Motyka?
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Someone who responds to alarm clocks, schedules (SHED-yoolz) and picks up strange pilgrims along the Way in his minivan. Beat that, beat the band! Love me, love my dog!
  • StimsonInRehabStimsonInRehab
    Melo, did we by chance meet and I'm just not recognizing your online persona?
  • G
    Brunch, at brunch, sTim!

(Save the Liturgy, Save the World)
  • melofluentmelofluent
    I don't think we formally met. Next year in Jerusalem...or Pittsburgh.
    Melo - did you by chance discuss the angelic voice of Mary-Ann Carr Wilson with a young man over a glass of wine at some point in the colloquium?
  • I have a feeling that I was in the van with you Melo, but didn't make the connection. This makes me sad.
  • By the way Andy, it was a brilliant break out session. I have hope for pulling along the "hippies" in the 9am choir now. I just need to figure out what we're going to give them for Offertory and Communion... Decisions, decisions...
    By the way, it was a pleasure meeting you, Barnabus! Did you make your cigarette stop in Mississippi on the way back?
  • melofluentmelofluent
    SIR
    That is a distinct possibility. I sing her praises frequently, using superlatives like "best soprano" along with (my wife. daughter and Dr Nam.)
  • It was a pleasure Tim! I stopped in Missouri. It was nice.