Colloquium first-timer says thanks
  • Hi everyone:

I attended my first colloquium over the last week, and I don't believe I'm overstating when I say it was a life-changing experience.

I've been an organist and singer for a while, currently in addition to a full-time job. Over the last few months, I have begun to feel more and more that I'm being called to do even more in sacred music, perhaps even full-time. And so I attended the colloquium to help with the discernment and to challenge myself, especially because chant and polyphony aren't in my regular repertoire. In my week at the colloquium, I learned a ton, got great advice, and simply had a marvelous time. God willing, I will be back next year.

And in reflection after the colloquium, I believe it's very likely that God is calling me to do more in sacred music, and over the next few months, I will be working to make the transition from part-time church musician to full-time. I'm very excited about this, and just a little bit nervous.

My thanks to everyone who organized and attended the conference. And I ask your prayers as I continue to discern and make a plan to take this work on full-time.

Thanks!
    Thanked by 1lmassery
  • ClergetKubiszClergetKubisz
    It was my first as well, and I can say that I have not had a greater experience with sacred music than I did during that week. If I can swing it, I'll be in Duquesne next year too.
  • StimsonInRehabStimsonInRehab
    Unfortunately, Stim, you've posted a question mark, at least on this CPUseless. Can you send that to me in a text? Oh, and I'm taking you up on your offer: when and where does your schola in Carmel rehearse?
  • chonakchonak
    Yes, it looks like Stimson's image link didn't work right.
  • StimsonInRehabStimsonInRehab
    I hate the Interwebs.
    Chonak, didn't get a chance to say this to you, but nice job chanting the reading on Friday at the Votive Mass for the Sacred Heart.
  • TCJ
    Tim,

Unless you have a lookalike running about, it was fun chatting with you at the Colloquium. Perhaps I can identify myself as the person who spoke about billy goats, Willy Nelson, and Gilligan's Island with you. You should be able to guess.

TCJ
  • TCJ:

Yes, indeed! It was a delight speaking with you, as well. If you're in my area anytime soon, feel free to drop me a line.
  • TCJ
    I don't make it up there very often, but if I do, I'll try to remember your offer.