O Taste and See (Charles H. Giffen), 3-part, newly revised
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Note: (2014-06-16) The following completely replaces the original post at the top of this thread.

Here is the English language counterpart to my revision of my major revision of the Communion Antiphon Gustate et Videte, set as a strict canon for three voices, following the lead at a fourth higher with a delay of two measures and following the lead at an octave lower (optionally unison) with a delay of three measures. This supersedes the previous version. For the version with the second alternate voice at a octave below the lead, SAT and ATB voicings are included here (there are also MzABar and SMzT versions). The unison second alternate voice versions are available, but not included here.

Psalm 34 verses are included, set to 3-part harmonized Anglican Chant that is stylized from the Mode III Gregorian Psalm tone. The translation is that of the Book of Divine Worship of the Anglican Ordinariate. If there is sufficient interest, I might be enticed into preparing such an edition from a different translations (eg. the RGP).

This work in its present revision (along with the the Gustate) was written for my wife Patty. The previous version is obsolete and has been removed.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Bumping, because, as noted above, this work has been completely revised. Enjoy.
  • mrcoppermrcopper
    Thanks, I'll enjoy digging into it again.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    *bumping* for Ordinary Time 14 - enjoy!