• Kathy
    So.... what are everyone's summer plans (besides Colloquium, obviously). Consolidating a program that's running well already? Making big strides in a program that's on its way forward? Cleaning out the music closet? ¿Que pasa?
  • Angelina
    I'm in my second year now as music director, and we're hiring a full time organist, so I'm looking forward to revamping the choir schedules (and making it more concrete), maybe beginning a new choir, a schola, planning big Masses farther in advance...really all the stuff that I said I should've done this year.

I'm also creating a Chant Camp for the kids this summer that should be great fun! MANY thanks to Noel Jones for the Gregorian Chant Coloring Book! That's forming the basis of what we'll be doing, and I look forward to the kids enjoying it greatly!
    Thanked by 1noel jones, aago
  • SalieriSalieri
    While so far it doesn't seem like I'll be able to attend, I think I'll take June 30 - July 6 off in solidarity with all those going to Colloquium, relax, and have a snifter. :)
  • CharlesW
    I won't be attending the "Seven Days of Drinking and Singing," but I will enjoy summer. The choir rehearses once a month during summer and everything pleasantly slows down. I look forward to summer every year.
    Thanked by 1expeditus1
  • Kathy
    I actually won't be attending Colloquium either. I have a couple of publishing things going on and schola rehearsals, but not sure what else music-wise.
  • expeditus1
    After the Feast of the Sacred Heart on June 27, both the adult and children's choir will go into hiding from me. They look forward to their summer hiatus, and come back renewed and ready to work again in the last week of August. Ideally, I would love to use the summer months for the choir to learn new Masses, but the pulse of the group is that family gets their attention for that period of time, and I totally respect that. My summer will be consumed with research and compiling music for the coming year.
  • TCJ
    My summer plans (besides the Colloquium):

1. Fight to get the organ repaired. Fortunately, I think it's going well, so it probably won't require much more fighting.

2. Fight to get a new organ, whether or not the above is successful. The church needs one.

3. Deal with a new pastor and see what he wants to turn upside down.

4. Find a new job.
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Besides Indy....see other thread.....

Hot Tub......pool
    In alternatim
    Thanked by 3canadash matthewj Ben
  • BenBen
    We'll be keeping the same biweekly schedule for our EF schola, but lighten the workload by using simplified graduals and alleluias all summer, so we only need one rehearsal before each Mass. We'll have two rehearsals and two Masses a month.
  • JulieCollJulieColl
    Having the family take group voice lessons every week; learning Palestrina's Missa Brevis with our family choir; coping with Emma, our new black lab puppy, and learning to swim (my own personal goal!).
    Thanked by 1Jani