We adore you, O Christ,
  • ghmus7
    Does anyone know of a musical setting of this Antiphon, often used for Stations:

We adore you, O Christ, and we bless you, because by your Cross you have redeemed the world.
  • kevinfkevinf
    Dubois from The Seven Last Words of Christ. The setting is in Latin.
  • ClemensRomanusClemensRomanus
    I believe the antiphon is found in the transfer of the Blessed Sacrament after Adoration of the Holy Cross on Good Friday in the EF. It also exists in Responsorial form in the 1967 GS.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Quite recently, on or about April 3rd, I posted in this thread also linked to it in this thread my own setting of "We adore you, O Christ" ( Adoramus te, Christe ), for two voices (nominally Soprano-Alto, although Tenor-Baritone is just as viable), with both the English and the Latin text underlay. Here are the links:

PDF score

MP3 sound file

It has also been published at CPDL.

As I remarked there, the soprano line is essentially the Gregorian melody of the chant as found in the Liber Usualis.
    Thanked by 2hilluminar RedPop4
  • Jeffrey Quick
    There's a Richard Proulx setting with an Eastern flavor which is not too hard.
  • Are you looking for a choral setting or something that could be sung by the congregation during the Stations of the Cross?

Two simple settings that involve the congregation are found in the Canadian Catholic Book of Worship III at #355 (by Michel Guimont) and #366 (by Murray Kroetsch).
  • rich_enough
    There's also the simple setting by Jacques Berthier published by GIA (Music from Taizé-Volume II).
  • Richard R.
    Here is a setting by Lassus.
    Thanked by 1RedPop4
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Regarding Kevin's good suggestion of using the possibility of using the Dubois from the St. Gregory, whether it's a capella or accompanied, have the melody (Sop. part) sung by men, and women sing the alto if it must be sung in two parts only.
  • ghmus7
    Thank you all, I had to do something quick, so here is my adaption of the Dubois (rather dubious I suspect).
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    my adaption of the Dubois (rather dubious

Thanked by 3Heath Ben ghmus7