O sacrament most holy copyright
  • Earl
    Hi everyone,
    is the following hymn in the public domain? any copyright restrictions?
    O sacrament most holy; Tune: FULDA (76 76 with Refrain); Text: I. Udulutsch

I'm interested in printing it in a booklets to be used at a couple of wedding masses.
    Choir is non profit

If anyone has any information about this please do let me know..

Thanks and may God bless you all.

• This hymn is also found at #838 in OCP's "JourneySongs, Third Edition" hymnal (2012). The copyright notice says that the translation of the refrain (from the Raccolta) is unknown, but states this about the verses:
    verses by Irvin Udulutsch, OFM, Cap., 1920-2010, © 1958, The Basilian Fathers c/o The Willis Music Company. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
    I notice that there is no copyright information on the link referenced by Liam. Perhaps the information is found elsewhere in that hymnal, if the copyright notice about this hymn as given in OCP's "JourneySongs" is accurate.

The Acknowledgments section in "JourneySongs" (#858) lists the following for The Willis Music Company: 7380 Industrial Rd., PO Box 548, Florence, KY 41042, (859)283-2050, Fax (859)283-1784.
    Thanked by 1Earl
  • Earl
    Liam -- Yes its that one.

Fr. Jim Chepponis --- Thank you very much for your detailed information.

I'm from Goa, India...so I have no idea how the copyrights apply here.
    I'm going to wait a while and see if anyone else has any different information..
    else I'll contact The Willis Music Company, Florence, by e-mail.
  • Ignoto
    OneLicense.net gives this information:

O Sacrament Most Holy
    First line: O Jesus, we adore thee, who in they [sic] love divine
    Detail: Irvin Udulutsch, OFM, Cap. Text: © 1959, 1977, Liturgical Press
    Thanked by 1Earl
  • Earl
    Ignoto--- The second search result here: https://www.onelicense.net/index.cfm?go=main.preview
    places the entire piece in the public domain right?
  • chonakchonak
    The link doesn't work here. Can you test it, or find a way to specify the search? You can use the "edit" button on your previous comment to modify it.
  • Earl
    chonak--- you're right.. I just tested it.. just type in "O sacrament most Holy" in the search bar. check the second result.
    Thanks
  • Ignoto
    Earl, I think the Public Domain one is misleading. For the record, this is the one you're referring to:

O Sacrament Most Holy
    PUBLIC DOMAIN
    First Line: O Jesus, we adore you
    Artist: Irvin Udulutsch, OFM, Cap., Keith Duke Text: Verses by Udulutsch, refrain from the Raccolta; Public Domain Tune: Arr. by Charles G. Frischmann; Public Domain

The Liturgical Press Copyright Permissions page says:
    please contact:
    Colleen Haider
    Email: chaider@litpress.org

I think you should contact both Liturgical Press and the Willis Music Company and see what they say. If you find anything out, would you post it here? I have always been intrigued that two separate companies have claimed copyright for this title.