Anglican Chant Psalter (1987) and Plainsong Psalter (1988) [PDF links]
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    But, but, but- if we download it for free, how will the Church Pension Fund be able to pay for OH WAIT I DON'T CARE
    Thanked by 1BruceL
  • I can't get them to download.
    Got em: works better in Firefox.
  • Are these two collections copyrighted?
  • chonakchonak
    Probably. There's no telling whether the website owner has permission to offer these two books on-line. (Note: they are not on CMAA's servers.) If Church Publishing protests to him, he may have to take them down quickly.
  • ronkrisman
    Yes, Fr. Jim, both of these collections are under copyright.
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    I wouldn't be surprised if Church Publishing currently or sometime in the past made them available for free.

Those are high-quality, publisher ready PDFs- not scans from a printed book. Whoever made them available got them from the source.
  • The specific books are copyright, but the Miles Coverdale psalter is not (neither is the BCP). There is nothing to prevent one from making his own pointed Coverdale psalter.

And, if one were going to buy a copyrighted Anglican Psalter, the one to get would be St Dunstan's Plainsong Psalter, had from the Lancelot Andrewes Press. It is the Miles Coverdale psalter completely pointed for the Gregorian psalm tones. It also has the New Testament canticles and some of the Old Testament ones; and the music is square notes on a four line staff. And, my experience is that they are generous in allowing items to be reproduced.