Prayer Request
  • Earl_GreyEarl_Grey
    You could always go for the 12 apostles or 12 Sons for Jacob. One down, eleven to go!

Seriously, my wife desperately wanted to have a natural birth with our first--no drugs, no inducing etc. Unfortunately he never "dropped down" and ended up being a C-section. He's now almost 5 and baby #2 just turned two. Not what we planned (the surgery, that is) but all are well. Trust in God.
  • JulieCollJulieColl
    Beautiful names, Charles G! We took our inspiration from the New Testament (and Pope John Paul): John-Paul Joseph, Peter Ignatius, Matthew James, Mary Elizabeth, Annamaria and Christian Gregory.
  • MHIMHI
  • donr
    Adam I will dedicate my nightly rosary for you and your wife and for your friend.
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Uh, Gregory and Cecilia anyone? (I recommend the Italianate pronunciation for the latter, ala Bartholdy.) I don't recommend the Slavic version for the former.
    "I once met a boy, he was a goy, Grigori Wood...." My apologies to Adam and Fab Four.
    My girls are all mid-thirties. But if we'd had a boy I would have gone with Duns Scotus.
    YMMV.
  • CharlesW
    If it's a girl, name her "Melisma." A boy, then "Pralltriller."
    Thanked by 2Adam Wood barreltone
  • Ally
    I've always loved the name Cecilia... so thankfully we had a girl, Cecilia Clare.
    If you're going for the unusual but super-Catholic names, I read on someone's blog that their girls are Clairveaux and Vianney.

Prayers for your and your wife, Adam!
  • ClemensRomanusClemensRomanus
    My daughter's name is Cecilia Claire, too.
    Thanked by 1Ally
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    Induction scheduled for this morning. Leaving for hospital in an hour.
  • Kathy
    All the best for your family, Adam! God bless!
    Praying for you and your wife and child.
  • Jani
    And right now Adam and wife are likely dealling with the harsh reality that "induction" doesn't necessarily mean it happens quickly....sigh. I hope I'm wrong, but it could be quite some time before we hear the good news. Fingers crossed to go along with the prayers!! ;-)
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Adam and family, prayers for you and for the health of your wife and new child.
  • expeditus1
    Congratulations to the proud new father and mother! Any idea as to whether Ethan Isaac leans more toward voice or organ?
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Congratulations, Adam and Nikky, and welcome to Ethan Isaac Wood.
    Congratulations! My advice: sleep when the baby does. Ask for help from family/friends with chores during the first couple of weeks. Again, congrats!
  • BenBen
    Congrats!
  • chonakchonak
    I hear "George" is in for baby names. :-)
  • Yeah!!! I love his name!
    My .02~
    Frozen meals and trader Joe's might be your best friends for a while.
    Nursing, if chosen, isn't always easy. Worth a fair bit of sacrifice, but (for me) not my sanity.
    Enjoy the adventure. Your sense of humor will be indispensable. ;)
    So, Adam, Ethan, and what's Mom's name?
  • Wonderful! So happy for all three of you...

In the north of England it is traditional to give new mothers a glass of brandy or a pint of stout on the first night just to make sure that both mummy and baby get a really good night's sleep. This is a highly enlightened custom which your wife might appreciate, especially if the hospital has followed modern medical diktats about babies and even the slightest whiff of alchohol.
  • teachermom24
    Congratulations! Enjoy every moment of that sweet baby--the moments, days, months and years go by way too fast!

Kathy
  • CharlesW
    Congratulations. I hope he has his mother's looks and personality. LOL.
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    Me too.
  • Kathy
    Warmest, best wishes to all of you!
  • Ally
    Congratulations! Enjoy these amazing moments!!!
  • melofluentmelofluent
    What Kathy said ;-)
  • elaine60elaine60
    Blessings.
  • SalieriSalieri
    You, know, it's funny that when the Babe Royale was born a few days ago, I got a text from some that said : "It's a boy. A prince!" My first thought was that your wife had been delivered, then I realized that this person wouldn't know you from Adam. : )

Heartiest congratulations to you and your wife!
  • BenBen
    Posted at Adam's request (he messaged me: he's on his phone at the hospital, and doesn't have an easy way to post pics).

• BenBen
    One more from a little later:

• JennyJenny
    What a beautiful boy! Congratulations!
  • CharlesW
    He is beautiful.
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    Notice the Harry Potter scar.
    Thanked by 2Kathy Earl_Grey
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Tow-headed little scoundrel he is! Wonder who he takes that after?
    Great job, Wood's.
  • Earl_GreyEarl_Grey
    Notice the Harry Potter scar.

I did, even before I scrolled down to see that you had pointed it out! :)

Perhaps this is the chosen one that will bring balance to the force and restore the sacred music of the Church. (sorry for mixing movies).

Congratulations.
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    Takes after me, God help us.
  • BenBen
    Indeed. God help us. Another little Wood running around.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    A chip off the block?
  • Ethan Isaac is totally adorable- one of those few babies who are immediately cute, from day one.
    And your wife looks amazingly intact- so glad to hear all is well.
  • Dan, I have been known to hide a few bottles of Guiness in my hospital bag when I've delivered my babies. My husband thought I was totally tacky- now I can tell him I was only following a respectable tradition!
  • MHIMHI
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • JulieCollJulieColl
    The Pope's spreading love in Brazil;
    There's a new prince for Kate and Will.
    But 'midst the happy news this week
    'Tis best of all to take a peek
    Under that wee striped hood
    At sweet Baby Ethan Wood.
  • Congratulations!

When is the baptism? (EF with all the details--procession in three stages, salt, exorcism, et cetera--right? Or OF ditto?) And churching of mother?

And one piece of advice: if you and your wife didn't learn how during the pregnancy, answer every bit of unsolicited advice with a smile and "Thank you for your concern. All is well, thank you." And if you turn around and quote me, I'll be right skewered! But as a mom whose pregnancy and delivery and early feeding of #1 son were distinctly non-PC, I had to learn this, or spend all my time either defending myself or stewing inwardly.

Enjoy every moment.