I'm tired of hearing complaints about old singers in choirs.
  • CharlesW
    Then there is the possibility that we old singers may beat you complaining whippersnappers with our canes. ;-)
    Thanked by 1Ruth Lapeyre
  • francis
    I have a way of 'releasing pipes' from the facade. (It's a very special STOP called 'GO')
    Thanked by 1CharlesW
  • MaryAnn...

Why does this man sing so well?
  • From the snippets you linked, its clear Loforese developed great freedom in his technique, you can hear it quite distinctly in the earlier recording. He releases tone without pushing out a big sound- hugely important. His support is clear. Posture not so great, but the man is 92.

Probably he used his voice well and often, and never abused it. Perhaps he taught, and still does. Also, genetics have a bearing. 92... remarkable, and I'm not even a huge tenor fan.

There exist fantastic voice teachers, and there are charletans, and every gradation between. And then there is a special blend of great student and teacher(s) and coach. This man has some seriously good teachers and coaches in his background. I'd be interested to know who they are.

More seasoned singers often possess more life experience, which gives them a larger canvas of expressivity. Bravo, Loforese! He is also a good example of a high level of professional singers who don't get famous for whatever reason, but give the world much joy and beauty.
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen jpal
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    A breathing lesson:
    Watch his belt.
    Compare to his chest and shoulders.
    Thanked by 2Salieri elaine60
  • francis
    Yes, I saw that he uses his diaphram very well.
  • redsox1
    Well said, MaryAnn!