Recognizing the "Personalities" of Each Mass
  • Ah! Thank you! This is great. I have actually always used OCP, but was never responsible for making programming decisions from it.
  • Your notes are hilarious.

Agreed. So far, "Angry Psalm 23" is my favorite.
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    I liked "Guilt by association" on EIN FESTE BURG
  • WendiWendi
    I love that spreadsheet and refer to it regularly. I always hear that little sarcastic twist your voice gets when I read the notes too. :)
  • matthewjmatthewj
    Charles... All I Ask of You gets a C? Really?
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Dear Mat-tieux et al,
    As Mark has already called into question.....
    Please don't take my grading as applying my sole criteria requirements, ie. I have never once sang or programmed or recommended "All I ask of you" in 44 years. But I'm managing a diverse group of musical leadership few of whom are on "my page." I can't be in four parishes overseeing the narrowing and husking of the OCP repertoire personally, AND personally infusing RotR. Yes, I have music reading sessions. Yes, I've taught SEP beyond two choirs I do lead and am an ongoing resource for those just now getting the point of RotR and propers. Yes, we have annual plenums with pastor present outlining long as well as short term goals, with specificity.
    I said the list was old. I said I'll revisit it. I didn't say that I don't personally program anything on THAT list with less than an A. And , Mark, LotD is a truly once a year tradition program piece, one Mass only, one day only, and specific. And the effect of that tradition bears up that grade. But there's only so much circumspect in a spreadsheet.
    Yeesh, do your own spreadsheets. If it were my world, it'd be out of the Graduale R, the Liber, the Kyriale 24/7. But my M.O. has been known at CMAA from my day one. There may be your Catholic reality, my Catholic reality, but the one that works best is "our" Catholic mentality. And MJM, that song sucks, as do "C's."
  • matthewjmatthewj
    The better response would have been:

C... and for me, that's just where it is.
  • Deep the joy of being together with that joke.
    Thanked by 1matthewj
  • chonakchonak
    Resucitó gets an A-?

I did a quick copy-and-paste, and (if it's accurate) here's melo's grade distribution:

108 A
    65 A-
    50 B+
    121 B
    39 B-
    17 C+
    92 C
    14 C-
    32 D
    11 F
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    +/- removed

A - 173
    B - 210
    C - 113
    D - 32
    F - 11

Since this is not a PERFECT bell curve, but rather skews positive, I think it is clear that Charles has been bought-off by the OCP cartel. That's just pure Math, people.
    Thanked by 1CharlesW
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Chortling and chuckling all the way, this has been fun!
    The better response would have been:

Sorry, MJM, what was I thinking? Outside the group? Knuckles now rapped.
    I think it is clear that Charles has been bought-off by the OCP cartel

Ya got me, Little Joe, I am actually Bari Columbari's twin brother and an OCP/NSA professional infiltrator. But to keep up appearances for CMAA, the 368 tunes below the "A's" never see the light of the stained glass day during the three Masses at which I'm present.
    I'm on a plane for Hong Kong right now. See you later in Moscow. Got a lunch deal with Patriarch Hilarion, thanks to Vladimir.
    Thanked by 1chonak
  • WendiWendi
    oooh. Little Joe. I didn't bestow it, but I love it nonetheless and that is now Adam's nickname. Thanks Dearest.
  • CharlesW
    I still like Hop Sing Wood. Has a nice ring to it.
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    I don't know why I tell you people these things...
    Thanked by 1bkenney27
  • melofluentmelofluent
    'Cause you're sideways.
    Thanked by 2CharlesW bkenney27