Choir Director: UMW CCM
  • jpal
    I have just heard that the Catholic Campus Ministry at the University of Mary Washington in Fredericksburg, VA, is seeking a part-time choir director. The CCM choir sings at the 5PM Sunday Mass and rehearses Thursday evenings at 7:30. Of course it is just when school in session, so it does not include, e.g., Christmas, Thanksgiving, summer months, but it DOES include Easter Triduum (and some extra rehearsals leading up to it).

Anyone interested is encouraged to contact Fr. Frederick Edlefsen, the Chaplain, at (540) 373-6746 or father@umwccm.org.

Though I have not been to a Mass there, I know for a fact that this is not your typical campus ministry liturgy. Fr. Edlefsen encourages chant and good choral music in their Masses. A year and a half ago he had me down as a guest to speak to the CCM about chant and the new translation. I am working with a couple who is to be married at my parish later this summer; both students participated in the CCM while at UMW, and they are the first couple I have had enthusiastically request full Latin propers and ordinary for an OF wedding.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions